Small victory

Posted , 9 users are following.

As like many of the ladies on this forum, I developed intense anxiety and panic attacks after my first migraine aura aka introduction into perimenopause. Previously, I had a MRI and CT of the brain.. Today, I had an MRA scan. I am not sure why I was nervous having done a similar scan a few short months ago, but I was. There was anxiety leading up to the scan and I almost pressed the "get me out of here" rescue button, but I didn't. I know it may sound absolutely ridiculous to some people, but I will take this small victory.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

staci! i am so proud and so happy for you!!!!

i totally understand small but BiG victories!!

baby steps friend!!! hugs friend!!!!!❤❤

• Posted

woow dear..Well Done......nice ur able to do it ..👏👏

Me too these days pushing and forcing myself to do things which my anxiety tell nooo ur not able to doo and after doing small things i feel good that finally i did it.

one lady in this group give me motivation..that if ur not able to do walk feeling off balance and dizzy..do little bit ..try at least and when u will do u will feel good.

One more good lines i remember ....one friend here wrote once..i will not allow my symtoms to control my life...

This group is Blessing to me..i learn soo many things from all ..How to handle symtoms ..how to motivate myself each day

I feel lucky to be connected with all ladies here ..who always listen me give me power to handle scary syntoms of peri.

Thank u all

HANG IS THERE.

TK

HUGS

Sunaina

• Posted

Well done. My anxiety and migraines have left me housebound. I only attend medical appointments and never go anywhere alone. Been like this for 4 years now.

• Posted

I really feel for you. On the days when I have a migraine, I am housebound as well. As for the non-migraine days, I am fearful of having another one.

• Posted

well done! i too get a feeling of victory over things that i might have done without even thinking twice, like taking a flight!! i have flown atleast a 100 times, even 14 hour non stop flights. but recently taking a 2 hour flight was such a challenge. but..i DID it and it felt like i conquered something! 😃 i keep challenging myself on things that wd otherwise make me uncomfortable to do. In the "anxiety" world, it is called "desensitization". u can google it. friends, if its a small block, please do push urself a little. u will be surprised that u can! good luck.

• Posted

and yes...as sunaina wrote....coming on this forum is like gaining back my strength. the ladies here are soooo understanding and patient. thanks to all. love u all. i pray that all of us feel normal one day soon.... that too forever. the world is so beautiful...it wd be shame to be locked up in this menopause stage fr long! i wish there was a mantra to eliminate it fr good! 😃

• Posted

I once read, "There is no way around anxiety...only through it." I try to think of that when I am feeling particularly anxious.

• Posted

It is so crazy how alike all of us womans situations are.. Good for you making it thru. I had my MRI for my horrible migraines and vertigo and dizziness not to long ago and I held that panic emergency button so tight without squeezing it, can't tell you how many times I almost got myself out of there, I thought I was going to die in there and to be honest I don't think I could ever have another one done, the buzzing around my head from those magnetic machines had sweat pouring out of my armpits and hands I was so nervous and all the while having the worst palpatations it was awful.. But at the end I knew I needed answers and wasn't going to do that test again..

• Posted

Yes! I was covered in sweat and the tech was a nice looking guy. Hahaha!!! Oh, and the earplugs and headphones only amplify my pounding heart. When the scan was over and I sat up, I was all dizzy. I feel bad in a way because I know that people deal with a lot more and endure invasive procedures. I feel like a wimp.

• Posted

well done to anyone who rides the tide of menopause,i congratulate myself every day when i manage to do a full shift at work without that feeling of running from anxiety and being in a safe place ,hot sweats palpitations, dry mouth,dizziness and feeling totally crap wants us all to run and hide but anything we achieve at this time of life is amazing and we should be so proud, bloody hormones have a lot to answer for making us all feel like we are loosing the plot and cant cope with things we have done for years without a second look so big hugs to you all xx

• Posted

Thank you friend! Do you notice that you feel better when not at work? I feel like my worst symptoms occur during the work day, which is odd because I am so busy at work, I barely have time to think.

• Posted

Well done Staci!, like you, as you know, I have those awful auras and I felt exactly the same, practically sheer terror when going for the scan! I really had to push myself to have one xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.