Small white growth on roof of mouth

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, 

I got my wisdom teeth out a week ago, when I went in for my post op appointment my dental sugeron said that I had a growth on the roof of my mouth and that I need to have it removed and sent away for biopsy.  He mentioned that it looks like a papilloma.  

I’m a bit confused as I though papillomas were all HPV.  I have been with the same person for 12 years and to my knowledge he does not have it.  So how would I have gotten it? 

It’s causing some stress between us as he now thinks that I have cheated on him. 

I am looking for some explanations on how I could have gotten it, if this is even what it is. I have an appointment with my regular doctor on Monday. 

Any ideas what else it could be? Does not feel like a bone piece as it’s moveable 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.