Small white tissue like clumps on clitoris

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I’ve started to notice that I get quite irritated quite a bit down there but I always try to maintain myself hygienically etc. I’ve recently noticed white small clumps on both sides of my clitoris that I was too afraid to just scrape off. I do not have an STD. It did feel quite irritated down there and a little bit itchy but more irritated and I was discharging quite a lot but nothing gave off a bad odour. I thought that I’d give it a few days to see if it will fall off on its own because I didn’t want to do any damage.

When I was in the shower a few days later and was washing myself, one of the white clumps came off and it looked like a small clump of wet tissue. I gave it a few days later and thought I may have a yeast infection so I used canesten around my clitoris and the white clump on the other side started to come out. I then lightly squeezed the rest out as most of it had come out but now it looks like I am left with something that almost looks like a deep cut on my clitoris (there’s no blood or opened skin) and it feels quite sensitive. I am continuing to use the canesten to see if it does anything to make things better.

My question is, does this sound like a yeast infection? I’ve read up online about smegma but I don’t think this is it because I’ve read it is found in the clitoral hood. Please can someone advice me and I’ve been having vaginal irritation for quite a while. I have seen a doctor a few months ago who did tell me I had a fungal infections and gave me canesten which didn’t clear things up but it seems as though my vagina keeps flaring up all the time.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It certainly sounds like Candida infection without the irritation and white clumps externally. I too have had those white clumps. This can also leave your skin sore and fragile, hence the cut. If it is being persistent you need to take an oral fluconazole tablet (150mg) and another three days later. If that’s doesn’t work then you need to take a smaller dose daily over a longer period e.g. 50mg per day for 2 weeks. Where are you? In the UK the 150mg is available over the counter at pharmacies. For the smaller doses over over longer periods you need a prescription from a doctor.

You say that you try to maintain yourself hygenically - what does that mean? You should not be using soap or anything containing perfume down there - that will mess up the ph levels and cause a Candida infection. In fact, overwashing does the same. It is best to only wash down there with water, using a wash designed for the female intimate area on the outside (top inside of the legs). I myself don’t not even use water in my intimate bits - water is also the worn goods ph for skin - I just wipe with coconut oil (pure, raw, organic, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil).

• Posted

Sorry,  it should say ‘with’ the irritation and white clumps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.