Small white ulcers in the tip of the urethra.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. First time here.

Currently had this for three weeks after my sexual encounter. My penis has a stinging sensation and it mildy hurts when I pee. No other symptoms (yet) including no discharge, no blood in urine, ect. I've looked into my urethra to see what the problem is and noticed its red and had these small white ulcers in the tip.

Been drinking lots of water every day but seems to be no help at all. I also wash the urethra everytime I'm in the shower (no soap). Thinking of starting drink cranberry juice and/or a kefir.

Got tested at a sexual health clinic last week and negative on HIV, herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis A, B, and C, and syphilis from results today.

My doctor is currently closed for the summer holiday and wont open until the 31st of this month.

https://i.imgur.com/HAHag4q.jpg

You can see the ulcers in the urethra.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm currently taking 1oxycycline to see if it go away in 7 days.

• Posted

Sounds like you may have a Urinary Tract or Bladder infection. Are you able to see an alternative doctor to your regular?

Do you mean you are currently taking Doxycycline?

• Posted

A Doctor or Urologist would decide upon the appropriate test(s) - these could include a swab culture, urine test, or even a blood test should other indicators / symptoms suggest that.

Here is a brief rundown on what Doxycycline is used to treat:

" Doxycycline is a tetracycline antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body. Doxycycline is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as acne, urinary tract infections, intestinal infections, respiratory infections, eye infections, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, periodontitis (gum disease), and others .... "

• Posted

Sometimes blood test don't always tell what is wrong with regards to infections hence a 72 hour culture done with sensitivities are useful also... Thank you for comment your knowledge is vast.

• Posted

Thank you for your comment, I will take that as a compliment. As I am retired due to ill health this has given me the time to read most of this Forum for the last year and a half.

Any issues I am not aware of I can do a brief bit of research using reliable medical based web site sources - I then set up lots of browser links to these sources when I need to remind myself of the detail as I certainly don't have a photographic memory and my ability to retain information is quite poor due to health conditions I have .....

• Posted

Your insight is really helpful I appreciate it... Recently iv noticed I had a burning sensation at the tip of my penis and urethra I also noticed odd pain in penis gland after ejaculation, I then started experiencing testes pain and Groin pain... I've seen GPs I've seen urologists 3 of them infact and they said they can't see anything wrong with my penis. I've been on antibiotic treatment from two different GPS nothing has helped. I suspect I have prostatitis but my GP has dismissed that due to PSA blood result. I do however feel that I need to urogential test to he done and have in cultured with sensitivities because Noone can give me and answer it an NGS test for pathogens. I have had this for almost 2months now I am seeing a urologist again this coming Friday for a follow because I want to explain to him I want a culture test to be done...

Your insight is most welcome.

Regards,

Lance

• Posted

Lance, we you are dealing with something like this, the natural thing is we simply want the situation to go back to what it was before this all began. However, in terms of healing for the genitals in general, two months is not very long for healing to take place.

In general, the nature of the area is that you cannot tell whether there is incremental change taking place or not, it is not like a cold or flu in that you can feel that you are getting better and less troubled by the symptoms you have. Therefore, essentially, often you have to take a longer view with any issues regarding the genitalia and reproductive system, and unfortunately, this is often way in excess of 3, 4 or even 5 months.

So my general suggestion would be to pick one of the GP's and one of the Urologists that you feel you can work with on an ongoing basis until a resolution is found to the issues you have ....

• Posted

Update - After a 6 days of taking doxycycline (one day left to finish the bottle. (I'm using the "two pills daily" routine) to treat my UTI, the stinging in my urethra is thankfully gone. However, the ulcers are still there but the urethra is less red than what it was in the image I've posted.

After finishing off the antibiotic, should I go to my doctor to get a refill, set course for cranberry juice and/or kefir, or both?

• Posted

My mistake. The antibiotic is working. Just 3 more pills to go (took one this morning).

Apologies for the double post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.