Smart Vest?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone with lung issues have an airway clearance system, sometimes called a Smart Vest?

Did Medicare pay for it?

Did you have to pay a co pay or your supplement pay it?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Point well taken! I realized after posting my comments that I should have included that as a major factor. Thanks for keeping me honest... :=)

• Posted

You can find used ones on the cheap.

• Posted

Hello all,

I just want to add that when I talked about how helpful a nebulizer is for me to bring up mucus, I meant the nebulizer with a 7% saline solution. Most of the time I also add a drop or two of very pure essential oil and empty a capsule of glutathione with sodium bicarbonate in it as well. From my searching online, this last one is the best approximation to the glutathione liquid I had prescribed for me years ago. Still, this has not prevented my now needing an oxygen concentrator and recently being diagnosed with mycobacterium avium.

Strength to all of you fellow sufferers.

Louise

• Posted

Hello, Do Nanas ever retire? My doctor told me that the smartvest wouldnt help me. He said it would do more damage than good. I have non productive bronchiectisis nonCF so it is hard to bring up mucus. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a smartvest if I had more mucus. They used to have physical clapping therapy years ago which is exactly what I need. Being alone who will clap? So that isnt even part of medical care anymore they depend on medication.. So I guess children with CF have their family to help them. God bless them they suffer so. Something as simple as physio therapy and insurance won't pay and no one left that does it. It makes no sense. I have learned tho that when I get to the point that I need to cough up something and can't I probably have an infection or need a different inhaler. I do cup my hand and hit my chest when I start to have a problem. It does help but it takes me about five days before a wad comes up. It doesn't take much to interfere with our breathing. I do take an allergy pill every night and a mucus thinner purchased over the counter.. Remember to drink plenty

of water also.I think the smartvest is at least 10,000 dollars.

I hope you feel better soon. We need nanas..... Im one! lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.