Smart Vest , Aerobika or CT Therapy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had success with the Smart Vest, Aerobika or CT Therapy to clear the lung air space of mucous/bacteria? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony....I use the Aeorbika. It's a small hand - held device that helps to clear the mucus. I think it's similar to the acapella device. I do find it useful. Before using it I take a nebulised Nebusal 7 vial twice daily. This helps somewhat in loosening the mucus too. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Tony,

I have what's been diagnosed as a mild case of bronchiectasis. Twice a day, I nebulize with both Albuterol and 3% Saline, followed by 30 minutes with a percussion vest. I'm also on a Breo inhaler once a day. I just saw my pulmonologist today who said that I'm doing great so I plan to continue this routine!  (I had been using the acapella device previously but didn't feel that it was very helpful...)

Blessings to you!

Barb

• Posted

I use a SmarVest. It is an astounding amount of money if your insurance doesn't pay, but my Medicate did. Yes, most effective if nebulizer beforehand. I take my mucus thinners, wait a bit, sit down and do 1st a generic duoneb Neb, then a budesonide neb, then the SmartVest. I own a couple of A Capellas, but do better with the best. Because my areas are at the back bottom of one lobe, it's most beneficial if I lie face down on the bed with my head hanging off the side. My left shoulder won't let me do that much.

If there was someone at home physically capable of pounding my chest several times daily, the doc wouldn't have written the scrip. As I keep telling him, I may hire the released felons who live across the street to cut my yard (a task for which both need extensive instruction every time), but I am not to have them in my house, much less in my bedroom pounding on my chest.

The SmartVest comes with its own airline boarding pass, lol, but make sure that your homeowner's insurance will cover at least theft, vandalism & fire. My agent offered me a 100% policy but it cost $400 more/yr than the policy on my whole house!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.