Smart watch / fitness monitor

Posted , 4 users are following.

whats the best one out there ? is there one that alarms if it detects AF ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes, my apple watch 4 thumps me if I go into an abnormal rhythm..and I can run an ecg with just a finger on the stem winder. Can email it to my doctor. .also asks me if I am ok if I should fall. if I don't answer it alerts 911 and my emergency numbers. If ambulance has already transported me...tells my emergency numbers where I am! pretty cool...all this for no fee, with my permission. the watch however is not cheap and works with your iphone.....presuming you have one. I have used mine many times with a phone call to my EP. He is a big fan.

• Posted

I have fitbit charge 3 which shows you your resting heart rate and what it is at the moment. its useful as a guide but knowing your symptoms and how your feeling would be more accurate.

• Posted

Hi Steve, I bought a kardia device for my mother on amazon. It has been useful and detects afib. The cardiologist was able to diagnose just using the readings she had taken herself during episode. It connects to phone or ipad using sound frequency. It takes a 30second EKG / ECG reading and you share a pdf from the app.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.