Smear test

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, Tuesday coming will two weeks since my test stil waiting for the results but getting very worried about the results !! Keep thinking they will find something , has and is there anyone going through the same thing ?? Tests seem too realy make me very anxious and I seem to worry about everything . 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's not easy to wait. I have a hysteroscopy planned for the 2/9 and after that still have to wait for results. But medicine is very advance nowadays and many women are clever and do the right thing and contest their doctor ASAP.

• Posted

Yes. I had to have my cervix removed after positive smear test. I am fine (except for the terrible flushes ) now I get a pap test every 3 months, but so far, so good. Why are you worried?
    • Posted

Hi, Alison sorry too here you problems , like I said everything seems to worry me so much maybe because I have lost two sisters and two brothers in the last three years it's starting too get to me . 

• Posted

It is true. Everything bad seems to happen at the same time. But try not to worry. My good and bad results always took just over 2 week.
    • Posted

It is true. Everything bad seems to happen at the same time. But try not to worry. My good and bad results always took just over 2 week.
  • Posted

Anne, it's been my experience that, as a general rule, no news is indeed good news. I think that if they'd had bad results back, they would have let you know sooner rather than later. At my last round of investigation, I waited on pins and needles for 2 weeks until my follow up appointment, sure it was horrid. I let the doc know that I'd like it much better next time if someone let me know sooner even if it was nothing. Try not to worry (we all say to each other and then go ahead and worry anyway ;-)

• Posted

Don't know if this will help but do you know that the pap smear is to test for cervical cancer and that is mostly caused by the sexually transmitted disease HPV? It can stay in your system for years but I've been married for over 30 years to the same man so the doctor says my chances of it are nearly zero.

• Posted

True Becky. I have been married to the same man for 37 years, but as you can imagine,  it was a great shock to me, to discover I had this. An encounter with an old girlfriend apparently. Didn't discover until I had a positive smear test. However, with regular screening, we can help discover if we have HPV and we can be treated.

• Posted

My pap smear test came back in just a few days and so did my cervical biopsy test. Why did they say your pap smear would take so long?
    • Posted

Hi crosado8, my doctor said that's how long it takes about two weeks , I'm in the uk is that where you are ?? 

• Posted

No I live in the USA the state I live in is Kentucky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.