Smell enhance Symptoms of Peri spl headaches and head pressure

Posted , 9 users are following.

Helloo Friends

How r u all ?

Me here again with some query.

Is smell enhance some head symptoms ?

Today i feel little ok better than yesterday but smell enhance my head symptoms again 😭😭... one of my friend came today my home....she put Henna on her hairs. ..Henna smell alot....after 1 hr I feel my head pressure increases...i feel off balance again..Dizzy feeling ....Is Henna smell enhance my head symptoms ?????

Is some one has same experience ??

Is smell and specific food can increase our Perimenopause symptoms ??

Plz share your experience

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I think I am in peri and my sense of smell in the last few weeks is off the charts !!

My husband was cooking steak and when he took the steak out of the package ( this sounds weird ) it smelled like period blood to me , I have never had that before !

Also I can smell the perfume I sprayed in the air 1/2 hour later, I never smell it that long after, and it had a more pleasant aroma than usual

How weird !

• Posted

Thanks for your reply mam

I think smell power changes alot .

Peri Effect 😭😭

• Posted

I can definitely relate. It seems like my sense of smell is extremely sensitive. We had water damage in our apartment from a leak that occurred in the apartment above ours and long after our carpet dried I can still smell that damp musky odor in certain areas of the house. I ask my husband/kids if they smell it and they said not anymore but I still do. Then the other day I put on a fragrance that I usually love to wear and I literally felt my head spinning and I felt a little woozy right after. It was like a mini anxiety reaction. It was so weird. I remember one Sunday I was on my way to church and the same thing happened after I sprayed perfume on. I immediately went into a full-on panic attack. So yes, certain scents can trigger these symptoms. That's expressly why I rarely wear any perfumes or scented lotions.

• Posted

Definitely! I can't believe how strong my sense of smell has become. I can smell the garbage truck from hundreds of meters away. I am not joking! I can also smell other people's body odour, which can make me want to gag. I can feel a wave of nausea come over me, when I smell it. For me, it has been the negative smells, such as car exhaust, that have been enhanced. It's very weird.

• Posted

Thanks for reply mam

Earlier i thought i am alone who effected from smells now in peri ..its Hormonal effect i guess

tk

• Posted

hello Sunaina i can totally relate to you and the other ladies, i can't wear my lovely perfume anymore as it gives me a headache and makes me dizzy also i can't stand air freshners in the house and iv not lit an aromatic candle in years. Since menopause iv become very sensitive to smells, loud noises and lights hey give me a headache and pressure.

So if all you ladies are mentioning it then it must be related to our hormones in peri and menopause

take care x

• Posted

hello ladies ,

can i jump on this post, although your all saying your sense of smell is sensitive...my sense if smell has gone the other way..i cant smell any thing at all, i volunteer in a shop, there are 2 customers that come in every day, all other staff and customers are heaving and moving away from them, having to spray the shop when the smelly people have gone, i really can't smell them,or the air freshener thats sprayed, i literally watch every one heave and hold their noses... they think I'm weird because i can't smell, does anyone know what thus could mean... another symptom of menopause????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.