Smelling blood in my nose and a slight "burning feeling"

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello i'm 19 years old and so what could cause this that i smell blood in my other nostril and when i inhale through the nose i feel a slight burning feeling far up in the nostril this has happened a few times this past week. I've also felt like i can even taste blood a little bit but it's just a brief sensation and only lasts for up to a minute or a few seconds. Could this be related to my nose somehow? If a small capillary breaks from the nose? Also my nose doesn't bleed when i feel this slight burning feeling and feel like i can smell blood. I don't have a cold nor any other flu-like symptoms and i haven't been doing anything special lately. So if anyone knows what could cause this i'd appreciate it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It could be dry sinus . Can be caused by very dry environment or even chemicals in the air, even from household chemicals or where you are working or air conditioning. Try breathing in through your mouth and out through your nose several times. That often gives the sinus enough moisture to stop the burning.Are you a smoker? Legal or illegal? If so that wont help.You can also try inhaling steam. Or buy a saline nose spray......do not get a steroid spray. If the burning continues and/or gets worse maybe a visit to your doctor would be the best idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.