Smelly gas / leakage wind from anal and mouth

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone

it has been about 6 years since I got this smelly gas or wind leaking nonsense disease, I got so depressed that i have not found a cure. Is uncontrollable, I feel the wind coming out from mine anal and from mine mouth with bitter taste.

As you know its a very complicated problem that no doc knows about it, I have visited tens of docs, but no one has a clue about what I am suffering from or what is going on.

I think becuz there are not many ppl have it and maybe its a combination of many issues & disorders that affect different parts of the digestive system and cause this disease or issues!

So, since the docs do not know this case even exists I wanna suggest smth maybe will help us to get the right treatment';

I have heard that there are lots of help groups in the UK that can support and help ppl with TMAU to find the best way to deal with their problem (TMAU). They also interact a lot with the scientists working to find improved treatments.

So why not we do the same thing(I mean making a group for this new disease under group of doctors in one hospital at one place ) , cauze there are a lot of benefits of it such as;

- doctors will finally understand what we are dealing with and believe us, they can’t deny our problem or just send us to psychiatrists!

- we can share our problems, support each and other become friends, I personally have no friends and I feel so lonely and heart broken.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a bad problem with smelly gas also,but I started taking a 85 to 100 billion probiotic and it really helped. Also started taking grapefruit seed extract in pill form that someone else had written about and that really helped too. These things balance out the bacteria in your stomach. I hope this helps, good luck with everything. Also don't think you're the only one going through this. My gastrologist said there's many people with this problem. The grapefruit seed extract is 125 mg.

• Posted

Hi Prince01.

Its called "leaky gas" by the people who has it. Doctors like to group it under IBS. I believe the reasons it has no official name is because there are quite few of us. But I agree, we defintely should make at least a wikipedia page about it. The effects are similar to Tmau but this one comes from the butt.

I had it since I was 12 (many of us seems to get it in puberty for some reason), now I am 34. It has been the mayor problem in my life, however It has by no means destroyed it. I am happily married for example. 

the things that has helped me has been:

Probiotics. I have found a midrange product that works for me. I eat double recommended dosis.

Diet. The diet that has been most effective for me is low carb (I eat a lot of fat, normal amount of proteins and low carbs (the carbs I eat are generally vegetables above ground, no fruits).

Stress affects condition greatly. First day in ajob I usually stink.

I also train a lot, however it is as much for my general wellbeing as for the leaky gas. My way of hanging out with friends is often outdoor training, it is hreat fun and leaky gas condition is of no problem,

I have tried to do something for the community - I have made a free android app - IBS FoodAnalyzer. Can be downloaded on Google Play.

However I, as you, wish that the "fellowship of Leaky Gassers" should do more for a real solution of the problem. First we have to make science about the problem (what are the similarities of leaky gassers, when and why did problem start etc).

I find one problem with the Leaky Gassers community (see IBS forum to know what I mean, its a great way to start the day in misery) is that the community is very negative and passive, basically whiners who get nothing done. I consider them my brothers and sisters, but it is the truth. 

I would really like to gather some DOERS with this condition who are more optimistic than pessimistic and get stuff done.

First step would be to write wikipedia page "Leaky Gas".

The other steps would be to get to SCIENCE ASAP.

/Johan

PS Any DOERS with "Leaky gas" and ambitions to make a real contribution please contact me. I would for example love to get in contact with fellow leaky gasser with science background.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.