Smelly vaginal discharge

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been experiencing a weird odour with my discharge the past couple of months. I've done ALL swabs possible and i don't have any STI's, thrush or BV. My discharge is milky white but i have LOTS of it and its kind of watery. The smell isn't fishy.. but i cant really describe it.. kind of a musky/damp smell.. all i know is it isnt normal. I wouldnt say its strong like BV (ive had this before), but its come to the point where my partner even smelt it during sex (my partner does not cum inside me either so its not a reaction to him). If i do BV gels the smell goes for a couple of days but then comes back. I am taking the combined pill.. I'm starting to think its something to do with that? Although I've been on this pill for years, i did only start taking it continuously a few months ago because my doctor said this was fine... I literally cant think of anything else and my doctor always says theres nothing wrong. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on down there?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it does sound like the combined pill may be causing it as nothing has changed besides that right ? Are you having a lot of discharge in your underwear or are you wearing a liner ? Is it itchy when you feel it moist from the excessive discharge ? Are you taking any other medications ?

• Posted

I don't think anything else has changed! I only have 1 sexual partner and I've done swabs countless amounts of times and they all come back negative. I do get quite a bit of discharge in my underwear and it is accompanied with a bit of itching to be honest.. but again, I've gone to the doctor about the itching and they advised nothing was wrong and it could be itching from where I've had a yeast infection previously and the symptoms are taking a long time to disappear. And no I literally only take the pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.