Smelly/Weirdish smelly stool

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just has soft, mushy, and loose stool, not watery however. It has the poop smell. But when I was wiping and examine to see any signs of something different like blood (I always do this,  it gives me anxiety but I still can't help it sometimes). I guess I was too close (ew) and smelt the poo. It smells a bit weirder, I wouldn't say foul or super bad smelling. I can't describe it but I guess it smells like iron? Well actually, maybe not iron, iron (I might have to check again in the next BM). I just can't really explain it. Again, I don't see blood, just the smell. Does this happen to anyone else? Especially when they have diarrhea? When I'm constipated, it doesn't really smell. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Kay but I had to smile, sadly most of the time poo smells, it's excrement and to become that way it has to go through a certain process, it creates gasses that are putrid smelling, I worry that all your worry about your bowels will put you in danger of picking up a bacterial bug due to handling it and bringing it near your face, please try to stop thinking you have cancer their are lots more symptoms with it than you are remotely getting I promise.

• Posted

Thanks for replying again. My worries about "cancer" had dropped a bit. I just need to listen to my doctor and take what he says. But the thing is, stupid health articles keep popping up and I'm just so tempted. Recently read something about iron smell to poop or foul smelling. I wouldn't say it smell like iron or foul. Maybe I'm worrying too much and never had examine my poo like this before until recently and see some stuff that mightve been there since I was born. I'm gonna try to just wipe and flush and try my hardest not to examine/look.

• Posted

Trust your doctor because they have examined you and know best, I know that it's health anxiety that's pushing you to be checking continuously and no matter how many times your told it's ok your mind tells you different.

But if you want to have a life that's worth living you need to let go and realise it is your mind that I'll not your body, scary thing though is that if you don't get over this what will happen is that even if you start to believe it's not cancer then something else will come along and you will be off again, albeit a brain tumor because of a headache, heart attack because of a chest pain see what I mean

• Posted

Health anxiety sucks! I always get sooooo worried about the slightest thing. I have too much time in my hand, especially at home! Got scares about the color of my nails, turns out, it can change due to temperature, and my nail color is normal. Anemia scares. Blood in stool scares (even though I never see obvious blood but I would think about it so much that I start to “see” it). My brain always think of the worst 😑😔. Like it automatically goes to cancer, you’re gonna die, and it tricks me into seeing things that I think so much about (is this really possible?), you’re not gonna be alive in 5 years, just all those things. My mom thinks I should go see a therapist even! And she got vacations planned to help stop my thoughts, even if it’s for a short time.

• Posted

Your right it does suck, I spent most of my teens and early life constantly being on the brink of death, I was scared to live and terrified of dying, we do have a choice though, more so now than we had all those years ago, but the choice is ours, I wish that I could have had access to a site like this then so someone could tell me that I could get over it.

I totally believed that I would die of some terrible thing before I was 32, I'm 65, I'm not cured, don't think we ever will be but we can take control and learn to cope with health anxiety, it's an illness that is easier to deal with than you think.

Make each day the best it can be, except that your mind plays tricks on your body and that even illness is not as bad as you think, we all age and get sick but for you not for years.

But ok worst case scenario, you get sick in reality, having a poor quality of life because of health anxiety is far worse. Illness you can treat. Your mum's right see someone or just believe it's not real and symptoms will move on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.