Smelly wind - daily for 3 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a stomach bug for 3 days at the start of the month, after it cleared up and I started eating again I’ve notice that every afternoon and evening I develop horrifically sulphur smelling farts, it’s pretty constant. I’ve taken probiotics, wind ease tablets, peppermint tea and nothing shifts it or improves it. Is it time to see a dr or just persist with home treatment. I suffer from ibs but never had this before and I’m assuming it’s to do with the bug. I don’t have any other symptoms 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try adjusting your diet.... for few days... its more likely that the bug is responsable...

Try gluten...wheat..lactose free for couple days...+for the few days stop taking probiotics.

I bet itwill be gone...

• Posted

The bug may have triggered an IBS flare up.  Gas is common with IBS.  Try a food diary to see what foods may be triggering the gas.  Foods like baked beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage can be gassy.  Avoid fizzy drinks.

• Posted

I’ve fixed the problem - probiotic natural yoghurt and tumeric tablets! Thanks for peoples advise 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.