Smiling

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm smiling to myselfbiggrin I just went downstairs to make a cup of tea and fancied a couple of biscuits

as I need to hold onto the handrail to go back upstairs I pushed the biscuits up my jumper sleeve and cup of tea in one hand it gave me a free hand to cling on to the handrail ....job done 

improvisation is key ...lol

6 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You made me laugh Jean, good on you.

I have been using a bag with the handles round my neck, turned into a kangaroo!

Caz-10 weeks post TKR Australia

• Posted

Aren't we women inventive ...lol

i can just imagine you with bag around your neck 

• Posted

Very good Jean!

I live in a flat fortunately but in the early days (two crutches) I would put my lunch plate on the floor and gently slide it into my room!

• Posted

i know used to move the plate along the worktop til I got to the  door then move it on to the table... Whilst using one crutch.... its sort of funny now. .. but frustrating at the time. 
    • Posted

That wouldn't have been an option for me Tracey, I have 3 great Danes! Fortuneately I have a lovely hubby who has looked after me.
    • Posted

i can imagine.... wouldn't have been any food left for you with your furry friends. .. haha
  • Posted

Im forever putting my phone in my bra - and I dont have my TKR till next year redface

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.