Smoked weed, feeling depersonalized/stuck in high?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Smoked a good amount of weed back to back nights. I usually have these hangovers where I feel high the next day for a little bit, but I've felt like I've been high for about a month now. I consulted my doctor today about me smoking and she said there is no possible way I could still be stuck in a high. My symptoms have gotten better, but it's really effecting my daily life (emotionally, mentally, and physically). 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The weed will not help with your mental health you should stop smoking it. It may be the cause of your issues 
  • Posted

Your doctor obviously doesn't use, or if she does its not much.

Yes, you can remain high for quite a while.  I pushed it out a few years back with edibles (chronic pain and a need to not be popping addictive painkillers) for 18 months and it took about 3 months to come down.  The good news is you will, but it will take a while and their are sometimes side effects.  This isn't a negative per se, but expect (a possibility of) HPPD, anxiety/panic attacks, some depression.  They will also lessen with time if you do get them.  Stay clean and the side effects will go for the most part.

So on to things you can do to get past this.  Drink water.  Exercise.  Eat well (vegetables, meat, nothing processed).  Cut back on any and all stimulants (including tea or coffee). If you are still feeling high after a month, you obviously hit it pretty hard.  Its going to take some time.  So don't smoke any more.  You need to be clean for a while, at least 3 months probably to get back to baseline.

Since most people who tend to do this tend to carry on doing it throughout life, I will offer you a little wisdom.  Moderation is key.  It goes for everything in life.  If you drink too much, smoke too much, pop too many pills, even drink too much water, its bad for you.  So approach everything with moderation in mind.

Good luck.

• Posted

I remember I smoked weed when I was 15 it changed my life forever I suffer from what you’re suffering it’s called depersonalization/ derealization I been having it since then after I smoke weed and now I have to live with it some days I’m ok some days it comes out but I get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.