Smokers lips or somthing else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I been smoking cigarettes heavy due to my depression for the last for years. I noticed 3 weeks my lips were burning and that there was a weird crevice forming on my top lip. I've gotten tested for herpies many times In the past and never came out positive or had cold sores so I don't think its that. I'm concerned because I do have alot of vertical smokers lines but this new one is horizontal and very noticeable and dosnt seem to heal or look any better. there is no puss and dosnt look like it has any fluid just my normal skin but all wrinkly and ugly also no pain.. anyone have any idea what this could be? I dont have health insurance anymore so i cant see a doctor for a while. i recently quit smoking and been using aloe lip balm for the past few days it dosnt look any better or any worse.

imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Looks like lip wrinkles. And yes, they are often caused by Smoking as smoking produces free radicles in the body that causes premature ageing. You have to get treatment for this, best is to consult a doctor and they will let you know about the process

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.