smoking

Posted , 4 users are following.

can the lungs heal themselfs when you quit smoking?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom I hope your asking because you have quit, ok yes they can, infact the Cillia starts to repair itself within days and breathing will improve as well, what you do have to take into consideration is that if you have smoked heavily for years and have COPD then it cannot cure but what it can do is improve your breathing capacity and hopefully stop it getting any worse which will help your life expectancy.

How long have you smoked for and how old are you.

Theirs nothing you can do to improve your health as good as quitting the cigs

• Posted

I think they can. I have heard that apples and milk can help you as well 
  • Posted

Yes if your not a heavy smoker to some degree permanent damage hasn’t been done I seen studies shown that once a regular smoker stops smoking the lungs improved by healing by over like 70% after they quit smoking 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.