Smoking caught up with me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could advise.

Firstly, I'm a 27 year old female who is slightly overweight. I have smoked since around 13. For the past 3 weeks or so, I have had upper back pain (not muscular or skeletal), just a very uncomfortable ache which, recently actually woke me up. Also, under ribs have been gender and achy too. A cough which I have always had but intermittently is becoming worse which majority of the time brings up phlegm - can be green or brown. So very tired all the time too with a dramatic decrease in appetite and getting breathless very easily.

Could this just be a chest infection or something else? I'm quite worried about going to the GP.

Any advice would be more appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi amanda, honey, it sounds like you might have bronchitis and since its not getting better on its own, you probably need an antibiotic.  Also, drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day to help bring up any phlegm. Youre tired all the time b/c your body is trying to fight off an infection (i think).  Now, all of this, is just my opinion and I draw my answer from my own experiences. I am now 67 yrs old and have COPD from smoking. I quit 5 yrs ago.  i would like to implore you to quit smoking....it only gets worse, smells bad and costs a darn fortune and then you end of like me. ....i walk a few feet and cant hardly catch my breath.  i even have an oxygen machine, and a nebulizer for breathing treatments, 3 inhalers plus pills. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. but it would behoove you to see a dr. Please do. and good luck amanda
  • Posted

oops, i think i skipped where i shouldve started writing. its down below amanda, sorry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.