Smoking/Vapourising

Posted , 4 users are following.

Are We Missing Something?

I can’t help wondering in the clamber to get vaporising of nicotine banned is there not a case to look at for the delivery of future medication.

If this type of method can deliver a satisfying dose of nicotine to a reformed smoker could it not be used to administer a range of medication, such as those for asthma sufferers or analgesia?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello tonyrhart,

had not heard about the deal to get nicotine banned,  and can't understand why it should be,  I thought it was all the other chemicals involved in smoking that were the problem.  Also I do recall reading somewhere ( long time ago ) that nicotine was the first known treatment for asthma - shall have to google that one lol.

You certainly have a good point re the delivery of medication,  it would / could possibly help with those meds that cause problems in the stomach when taken orally, it would be a quick way of getting meds into the blood system if so required as it is now with inhalers used for those with asthma.  Research required, which sadly will of course mean a lot of suffering to animals.  In this age of science it is shocking that animals are still used,  lungs from deceased could be used, the lungs being kept viable for the purpose as are other organs required for transplant,  whole other subject!   

Good idea you have,  we are missing somethng .

Regards

Jessie

• Posted

Dear Jessie,

Thank you for your reply to my discussion.

You voiced in your reply my concern, that many inhalers use propellants and other compounds that could be problematic as is the stated case with the extra additives in tobacco. Also the effects of other additives in tablet medication which may impact on both liver and stomach.

It just occurred to me that the industry concerned with tobacco products may have provided a safer means to deliver medication but with the current zeitgeist anything to do with smoking is discounted as bad and we may be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

As you say it may be costly to research such a system but I am sure the tobacco companies now involved with vaporising would be queuing up to fund such research in order to paint a better light on the industry and repay some of the damage for which they have been accused across recent generations.

Kind regards

Tony

• Posted

The e- cig was the only way I quit smoking after 40 years. I used the liquid with nicotine and then I switched to just flavored liquid ( the first week of withdrawal was hard ) I agree that this method of administering drugs or even herbal remidies should be considered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.