Smooth pinkish mark on penis. Irritation? Scarring?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. Ive had this pinkish sore/scar on my penis for a few weeks. It seems like it's taking quite some time to go away. I figured it was irritation from rough intercourse that's going through the healing stages after maybe becoming infected. I also noticed some more similar looking spots appearing after more intercourse, as seen on the close up pictures. They only showed up after sex with the same partner about a week or so ago. I figured it was the particular lubricant we were using causing irritation. They all seem to be taking a while to go away.

Or maybe something more serious like penile cancer? 

They don't hurt at all. Are smooth to the touch. Appear shiny like a wound that's healing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Any online pics of cancer that I’ve seen look nothing like your marks. I doubt they are anything serious.
  • Posted

What was the outcome of a this dude? Find anything out?
    • Posted

It went away and started looking fine. Had sex with my long term girlfriend and i immediately (12 hours later) had a flare up again but slightly worse . Probably best to see a doctor which I will be doing shortly. From what I've gathered online it appears to be thrush?

• Posted

Good shout, if you can up date this discussion with the gp advice that would help a lot of guys man? ☺️. It’s quite common to get thrush when having unprotected thrush when having unprotected sex, women tend to offer an attractive habitat for fungal infected unfortunately lol
    • Posted

My GP inspected my goods today and told me it doesn't appear to be anything to worry about. He said it may be caused by heat/sweat or maybe irritation caused by a new laundry detergent or soap or something. He suggested I use anti fungal cream and also purchase some A&D ointment (stuff used for diaper rash) or zinc ointment to help stay moisturized.

Another observation: I left for vacation to cooler climates, and my issue all but went away. I wasn't sweating quite as much nor was I excersizing as much. When I returned to the heat (it stays well into the 90s here all summer long with humidity), the rash seemed to have returned.

This tells me it's possible something is irritating me.

Nevertheless, I'm going to continue applying the A&D ointment as well as the anti fungal cream. The doc told me to follow up after a few weeks.

If this doesn't work, I'm leaning towards this being an eczema rash as it appears very similar to what I've seem online. When I was a child I had issues with eczema on my cheeks, but never as an adult, so it's possible this is also eczema.

In any case, the GP says nothing serious and nothing to be concerned about.

I hope this helps anyone else experience something similar to me.

• Posted

File size is too bigFile size is too bighey man I have the same type of thing here are some pics, lemme know what your dr has to say. I think it's some type of scarring from rough sex or like a stretch mark. I just started using a antifungal cream just incase

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.