Snip pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have lived with pain in my testicles ever since I made the biggest mistake of my life by having a vasectomy. This opperation just has to be the most stupid thing I`ve ever done.

It was told it was ¬nothing much` but have been in pain for over sixteen years and it only gets worse. The long term risks have not been well enough explained and is much more common than was told to me.

The best advise I could give anyone thinking about the snip is DON`T

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the snip about 20 years ago in my lunch break at Marie Stopes. Obviously we are all different but I have had no problems since. I am sorry that you did not have the same experience. Have you spoken with your GP about your symptoms>
  • Posted

.Thank you for your reply, yes I have been back to my doctor on a number of occasions but none of the different kinds of treatment have helped. However the number of men with my problem as a percentage goes up each time. This to me indicates that more men are now coming forward with their problems relating to their vasectomy.

I certainly was not told about the problems that I have had when I enquired about the snip.

• Posted

David: Have you not been refered to a hospital?

Like I had mine done some 20 years ago, the advice we all got (done at local hospital with others) any problems come straight back/ don't bother with your GP.

(One guy was told when asked about playing ina rugby game that same weekend NO)

He ended up back at hospital having operation on a swollen testicle.

Insist on a referal to hospital asap, you don't want to have other developing problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.