Snoring

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey lovely ladies

I'm 51 and growing through peri, well I'm almost sure I am even though my bloods say I'm not. I have recently been snoring quite bad according to my partner. I did use to snore quite badly but had my tonsils out quite a few years ago and it stopped. I've never been a quiet sleeper lol and get told I make funny noises, but all of a sudden the past couple of months my snoring has come back with avengence and I'm wondering if any you ladies suffer the same xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I snore some.. not always as the other night spouse said I was.I do sleep with a night guard and thought that helped but IDK... When I was younger and overtired, I would talk in my sleep. I do have a busy life and know that sometimes when I wake-up I'm still tired or don't have that burning desire on life.. It could be my cycle that makes me tired or even snoring.. So I thought next time I go to the Dr, I would ask for a sleep study.. I am curious to know if I get good sleep.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I am (apparently) a prolific snorer! I thought it was my weight but I've lost 3 stone and still snore some nights. I haven't found anything to solve it unfortunately for my husband xx

• Posted

I am 50, will be 51 in August. I sometimes wake up with my own snore. Haaa haaa.

• Edited

I've always snored myself, but now, at 53, my partner was saying it was getting worse. He told me I don't stop breathing, so no apnea. I go to sleep breathing through my nose, but when I fall asleep my mouth opens, soft palate relaxes, and off I go. I decided to try this mesh tape (Somnifix) that goes over your mouth. It actually works a bit! My partner says that it's better. I still make some noise, but better. And I've completely gotten used to sleeping with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.