Snorting water :( trigger

Posted , 2 users are following.

Trigger - snorting water

I am fully panicking ! Can anyone please calm me . I’m in tears ,

I’ve never been so immediately scared this bad .

I have had a mild sinus infection , blocked nose for a week or two . I have looked up lots of websites for help and a fair few suggested saline sprays or snorting warm water in shower to break down mucus . I have been doing this almost daily in the shower and I’ve come across a website that states snorting water in a massive no no due to naegleria Fowleri being found in tap water and fresh water pools , swimming’s lakes etc which is almost always fatal. Says symptom will present 1-15 days and not many are known to survive . I have never ever known this and my kids often get our spa water in their nose

But at least with that it’s disinfected with chemical .

Help ..

I’m

Actually so scared. Why is this more

Commonly known . Is that it ? I just wait to see

If I die ..

I know that sounds over dramatic but I am

Sooooo scared

, I have two kids . I’m crying . I had no idea snorting water was not safe 😞

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Since you said that you've been rinsing your nose with water for awhile and have not gotten sick, I think that you are fine. Please try to calm down and do a google search for symptoms. If you have several of the symptoms, then I would go to a doctor.

• Posted

thankyou im just so scared 😦 i seriously did not realise there was dangers . how many times have people accidently gotten water in their noses in shower or while drinking tap water . i wouldnt of thought a concern and i feel so silly to have put nyself in the such danger. it takes 5-15 for the parasite to show symptoms so i dont think im clear yet but i appreciate your response . apparently the fatality rate is 97 percent so no doctor would help i guess . i have been shaking for hours since i realised . this is horrible 😦

• Posted

Ya you're probably good. If you want a saline solution you can get it at the pharmacy. There is one called ary I think. You mix it with distilled water. You always use distilled water when rinsing you're sinius . I also don't recommend useing dr.google. You're mind might make you believe you have symptoms you do not have. The one lady I read that got that specific brain infection, she used a nettypot for her nasal with tap water and she did it for a longer period of time. You would have had to of been doing this for a long time to get it. There's a difference between snorting a little water here and there and then using a nettypot and pouring it into your sinuses.

• Posted

im just so scared , i was cryibg earlier because it said 5-15 days for symptoms but a lady died in seattle from a siezure which was found to be the disease a year later 😦

i dont know what to do or where to turn because nothing can be done . i have health anxiety and over think but this is sooooo scary , i actually cant calm myself . i had no idea the water we shower in was unsafe to inhale . i feel like an idiot but even the name is terryfying

• Posted

Do you ever go swimming? In a public pool or even you're own with other people? Maybe even in the lake or ocean. Think about a public pool, all the people that don't shower, pee and sometimes they may not clean the pool out very well. All the chlorine you probably suck in through you're nose and you know you do because you can feel that burning sensation. You're still her. Anxiety is fear. Once that fear takes over, you're mind becomes pretty much immobile and you can't do or enjoy the things you once did. Don't let fear/anxiety control you, you control it. You mentioned kids, focus on them not the fear. Easier said then done bit it can be done. Just focus.😉

• Posted

thankyou , im really really trying . doesnt seem

to be going well though . chlorinated water is a good thing as it kills the harmful parasite that causes pam

, i think the bad water is the untreated stuff .

anyways i will try be calm . im trying to breathe and just think of statistics . thankyou again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.