So a Kegel is a machine or an exercise ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive gone on line as up until now Ive never heard of a Kegel

​Im interested to find out that if its a machine and if I can buy one here in New Zealand is it safe for me to use after having surgery Im 15 weeks since repairs for prolapses

​Are there different types of Kegel machines if so which do you recommend

sorry just a bit confused !!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is a machine. You'll have to do a search online to find how to get your hands on one in New Zealand. I personally wouldn't use one after only 15 weeks because healing may not be complete but it's really up to you.

• Posted

Thank you Matron for your reply. I looked up Kegel online here in New Zealand on a site called Trade Me that a lot of us can buy items from very like ebay and Kegel Balls came up. It says that they are for pleasure but midwives and gynaecologists are now recommending them for use after 6 weeks of giving birth. To be honest Matron my husband and I are still to re-engage in intercourse so there is no way Im popping anything inside me like a machine or a ball!  I had the 3 repairs anterior (rectocele) perineal posterior. I wasnt given any excercises to do after my op as I was transferred to the heart ward so had a different journey than most. Matron I have to go to work now its 8.15am on Thursday morning. kind regards Kath Ps thank you for all the excellent advice you provide us with worldwide xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.