So achey, is it the surgery taking its toll?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi me again....Im 4 weeks post op TKR and at the stage where the knee is doing quite well, albeit stiff, with a tightness and swelling but 110 degree bend and can lift from lying down, but I feel so damn rough.  Back aches, feel sick, tired, both legs ache.  I'm on the verge of calling the Doc!  Anyone else feel like this?  Its worse towards the end of the day.  I seem to recall feeling a bit crook last time but thought it was the drugs.  This time i'm only on paracetemol and ibuprofen with the occasional codeine at night.  Very grateful for any comments on this. thank you xx

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm at the same stage Elaine post 4 weeks Tkr. Mine feels the same SO stiff & can still only get @ 95 bend

• Posted

Elaine, I had my knee done just over a year ago, it takes time, not everybody is the same, I still sometimes get tightness, but most day I forget I have even had it done. I go in on the 1st for the other one too be done, that is why I think it's taken longer for me, nobody tells u what it's mentioned 5oo be like, just take it steady, if u need painkillers take them. It will come together good uck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.