So achy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello again . Yet another problem ! Since Monday my right shoulder and arm has been really painful and stiff , but now it seems to be travelling all the way across to my other arm . Yesterday my left wrist felt so weak and painful at times that I thought I would have trouble picking things up . At first it felt like I had slept funny and that was the cause of this , but now I don't know , as this is the third morning of waking like this . I feel like an old woman and I'm not 50 until august . I'm fed up of feeling generally under the weather most days . Is this all normal ? Lots of love Jane

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, I had this (or something similar) on and off for a while.  It happened with my ankle too, one day I actually had to walk with a stick because I couldn't put any weight  on it - and only just 50. I was convinced it was something dreadful like MS but now I suspect it's just part of the joyful package that is the menopause. Love (other) Jane xx

• Posted

Hi Jane, yes that sounds horribly familiar. Since meno, every old injury has come back to haunt me!

I used to go horse riding and have injured my neck, right shoulder, knees and back (three times!) Since meno they are all plaguing me!

Last night was awful, I just could NOT get comfy.

Epsom salts baths do help, as do magnesium malate and devils claw supplements, but not as much as I'd like!

• Posted

I get the same feeling every month it seems before my period,  hips , arms , feet everything seems too achy badly, I am 47 this year and I truly feel your pain. 
  • Posted

Hi Jane. I too have a achy shoulder, mine is my left one goes down to the elbow, also my left breast feels it but I hope it's just a pulled muscle in there. Not near my heart the pain so that's a good thing, so probably just a pulled muscle or menopause issue, who knows, I'm 60 and I just want to feel normal again too, hopefully soon, been 9 years of this, well not the whole time of anything other than hot flashes till now! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.