so afraid

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi ladies- well back to my googling which i said i wasnt going to do. Are any of you familiar with the methylation cycle? well i know i have genetic snps as far as mine is concerned. Im beginning to think that is my problem and not hormones and that scares the s**t out of me. Think hormones make it worse but are not the root cause for me. Im really afraid and in a really dark place because of it. I just cant live like this i cant and im sure ive passed these genetic mutations on to my 2 beautiful daughters and im like a caged animal. I want to have hope but today is not one of those days:(

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

oh my goodness Susan! bless you.

googling is not a great idea (i know as I do it myself sonetimez though!!)

i try and google fun stuff instead but i know exactly how you feel.

im sat here terrified myself as i have to have a hysteroscopy next week and im imaging all sorts . could do with a good cry really!!.

Anyway just wanted to let you know that right at this moment you arent alone. im sending hugs, love and light to help you through your dark times and im sure youll have the strength to get through this.

you have 2 beautiful daughters and you sound like a fantastic mum!!.

big hugs xxx

• Posted

Im so sorry! I have a lot of health anxiety and its really difficult. sending hugs your way.

• Posted

I've got the MTHFR mutation. An immunologist suggested I take methylfolate which I've been doing. They have identified it as being one factor that contributes to chronic fatigue syndrome. I didn't have the other. So not ME (CFS). EBV is my problem.

Maybe those of us with this mutation have a harder time with peri?

• Posted

MTHFR deficiency – comment from our Clinical Director

Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) deficiency is a common cause of raised homocysteine, especially in people with low levels of folic acid in their system. Depending on ethnic background, the incidence of variations in the MTHFR gene, causing low levels, can vary from 1 in 50 to more than 1 in 3.

Very rare mutations in the gene can lead to a condition called homocystinuria. People with this condition can be prone to near-sightedness, osteoporosis, increased risk of clotting and, in some cases, developmental delay.

There has been a lot of publicity about possible medical problems caused by MTHFR deficiency/mutation.

However, the vast majority of people with MTHFR deficiency feel entirely well and do not know they have the condition unless they are tested.

Nor is there any evidence that treatment makes any difference for most people.

For instance, studies have shown no evidence that taking the B vitamin folic acid reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke, cancer or death in people with MTHFR deficiency

• Posted

Thanks for the info! I try hard not to google everything anymore, so appreciate you taking the time to talk a little about the MTHFR mutation.

• Posted

Thank You. I think I worded it wrong, I have snp's in some of the comt genes, i think thats whats why i am why i am and wht i experience because that has to do wth detoxification i believe which is part of the methylation cycle?

• Posted

Youre welcome:) I know its not uncommon but I think with other snps maybe is where the issue is? Im not going to begin to say I know about this stuff its all so confusing but makes sense at the same time- if that makes sense haha. ❤❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.