So afraid my Dr prescribed Enbrel

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a vocal coach, and around about 30 students a week. I have developed Spondolyitis in my hips and my Dr prescriped Enbrel after a 2 month period of taking large amounts of Aleve and cortisone shots in hips and sacroiliac joint. I am terrified of the side affects. I teach voice all day and that is my income. I am afraid of getting sick and losing work but the pain from the arthritis can on some days be very depressing. Feel between a rock and a hard place. Can anyone advise? I would be very grateful!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So many of us are dealing with these ailments that our grandmothers had and I don't know about you but I wasn't expecting to have to deal with this while I'm still working. Or ever I suppose.

Enbrel is a pretty powerful drug. I've been on it over a year and I feel really fortunate to have it. I'm capable again to do things that were slipping away from me.

Give it a try Tinabird. It should show improvement in a relatively short period of time.

Good luck with your students!

Em

• Posted

Thank you so much EM! This really came at the right time. I appreciate your sharing with me! I will give it a try. Baby steps.
  • Posted

I just recently switched from Enbrel to  Simponi.  My rheumy wants me to try  it only because Enbrel wasn't' taking care of the swelling that I have.  When first diagnosed I had horrible pain and I believe the prednisone dealt with that.  I have no more fatigue or pain.  I really don't believe I had any side effects from the Enbrel.  Everyone is different but I sure would give it a try!

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

BTW...I was on Enbrel for a year.
    • Posted

Thank you, it was helpful to hear your thoughts. I feel so lucky I found this group. It is frightening making these decisions with your life and not knowing what to expect. My own Mother had RA and ended up in a wheel chair, something that my DR says today would probably not happen. 

I wish you all the best with continued pain free life!!

• Posted

I don't know how I came across this site but it has been so helpful!  I have multiple issues and I can go to several forums that deal with them!  There's nothing worse than being in the dark concerning your health.  I sure hope the Enbrel works for you.  I was using the auto-injector once a week and I feel that's the route to go.  It is very easy but it will sting!  It is costly so I hope you have good insurance.  It's worth it if it works for you.

Keep us updated.  When are you going to start?

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.