So angry and fed up

Posted , 3 users are following.

So things are slowly but surely getting worse. Was prescribed librium over a month ago to try and have a period of abstinence. 10mg then 5mg. I literally might as well have taken Smarties. Was off the drink 2 nights. Been on the phone to my key worker a few times and asked for something for cravings. But have to be abstinent first. Been trying since Monday between my key worker and gp to try higher dose of librium. Gp phoned this morning and said that i had librium last month and they don't prescribe naltrexone. My key worker had left a message with her about medication but she didnt get it. Gp told me that my key worker needs to fax a written request for my medication. So this was meant to be done this afternoon and i heard nothing back. Meanwhile now drinking 2 bottles of wine pretty much every night as im not working much right now. I just think that its a complete and utter joke that i cant get anything to help me. Its not fair and i dont know what else to do. Cant even get naltrexone let alone trying TSM.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I started seeing alcohol services when about 27 ish. They used to ask me did I drink in the morning. I used to be like hell no, of course not. I was asking for help, they say that is the biggest hurdle. But now, low and behold, I drink in the morning, if I’ve got wine I fell asleep next to and wake in the early hours, I wake and drink that too, 3 to 4 in the morning. They say alcoholism is progressive so technically they would want to prevent it getting to this stage. Cheaper for the nhs. But no, they leave it upto you. But maybe forbvarious reasons you can’t help yourself coz your mentally not strong enough. After all, you wouldn’t have an alcohol problem if you could stop after one or two.... 😢

• Posted

Hi Emma. Hope your doing ok. Yea my gp asked if i drink in the morning too and at the moment couldn't imagine waking up in the morning and taking a drink. I dont believe that i need alcohol to function as i only drink from about 10 or 11pm until about 2am. But i know that if i keep going like this i will get worse and drink in the morning. Asking for help is a big step but no one in the health service is helping me. I cant even see a counsellor because they wont see you until youre alcohol free. Everything when you're alcohol free but they wont give out the medication to help me be alcohol free. Im not mentally strong enough.

• Posted

I would say I’m not drinking in morning to function, more to block out my mental anguish a little longer. 😬 I unfortunately learnt that when feel bad in morn with a hangover drinking again delays feeling as bad. It’s a joke isn’t it cos if could easily go alcohol free then there would be no need for alcohol services anyway. So much help out there if your a smoker etc. 😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.