so been diagnosed via bloods as having HYPERTHYROIDISM and yet feel like a fat weeble :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

BIG WEIGHT GAIN...INCREASED APPETITE........CRAVING ALL THINGS SWEET....REGULAR FOOD sad.....FEELING TIRED "ALL OF THE TIME" NO ENERGY...POOR SLEPING HABITS...ITCHY SKIN.......SWEATS ( AT TIMES)...DEPRESSION.......& NOW A BIG FAT GOITRE sad HEAVENS ABOVE!! ...sounds more like HYPO....so what is going on with me!!....awaiting scan and ref to Endocrinologist.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like thyroid but not Hyper but Hypo but everyone is different.
    • Posted

Doc spoke to me yesterday and told me that I am producing TOO MUCH THYROXINE!...go figure ...scan appt come through really quickly...thank you Doc...for the 31st of this month so see what that shows ...thank you for your reply smile x

• Posted

I have hyper/Graves' disease . I don't sleep well, have bursts of energy then exhausted, crave anything sweet 🙄 I'm not sure but I think I have the beginnings of a goitre, very attractive 🙄😂. Maybe you need your blood tested 🤔 Perhaps your levels have spiked. I have been waiting 5 months for endocrinology appointment will be seeing someone in 2weeks time. Hang on in there and see what they say. I guess you are on medication? 

• Posted

thanks for your reply...already had bloods done...Doc told me yesterday that I am producing too much Thyroxine !...?? goodness knows why I feel so "pooped".! already have a goitr on my right side...YUK ! sad.... APPOINTMENT FOR AN ULTRASOUND SCAN HAS BEEN FAST TRACKED BY DOC ( only saw her last Monday!) THANK YOU DOC smile...lets see what that shows !.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.