So been told I have serve anxiety :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 25 years old with 2 children,I live with my partner who works a lot off the time! I lost my mum when I was 6 years old due to cancer this have never really seemed to bother me until I had children! 1st my son who is now 6 and now I have a daughter who is 5months since having my daughter I am constantly thinking I have cancer!! I check for lumps every day and self diagnosis on the Internet even for a cough! Since having my daughter I've convinced my self I have cervical cancer my doctors won't do a smear yet as my cervix won't be back to normal! So the past month I have just been telling my self I'm dieing and going to leave my kids like my mum left me and my brother!! But this last week my daughter got rushed into hospital and was admitted for 4 days they thought she was going to go into intensive care!! Luckily she is fine and was aloud home after 4 longs days! Since having her home I haven't been myself unable to eat even less then what I was before I thought I had cervical cancer! I've lost a stone and half in 6weeks due to stress and anxiety! I've never told any1 how I feel it ever spoke about my mum! Saturday 15th February I broke down Infront of my 2 child being sick having a panic attack I had to ring my dad to come and get me! He had to take me to a&e I was that bad I thought I didn't want to be here while I was having these Planck attacks I just wanted to be dead!! So nearly a week later on calopram 20mg feel rubbish in a morning but my self in the afternoon! But have been getting really bad night sweats which then lead me to self diagnoses again and guess what cancer again does any 1 no if night sweats is a side affects to calopram? I have an oppitment with a councillor next week what I am actually looking forward to! X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I hope this will pass. I just to think the same after I had my second child. It was total anxiety. I think you may be suffering from post partum depresion. You have to see your doctor and mention that. All the best for you and your beautiful family. I can tell you, you will be in this world for many, many, many years. Send you a great big hug full of good energy/ Belive me, is nothing wrong with you, you are and will be fine.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind reply yes my doctor has already said he thinks I might have abit of post natal depression but I didn't believe this as I love every minute with my baby and I thought if I had that then I wouldn't enjoy being with her? All I want is my kids to have a mum and these horrible panick attacks to go saying that I haven't had 1 today but had 12 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday but starting to feel a tad better! Thank you judith84 xx
  • Posted

I feel for you i lost my mum whwn i was 9 im 49 now and have 4 grown up children. Have never had any problems with anxiety until the last year or so but i think its linked to menopause and some life stuff. Take care be strong you will be fine, try talking therapy rather than tablets and keep yourself busy, loving your family.
  • Posted

Yeh trying to keep myself busy but always at the back ov my mind.....I have a counselling session next week what I'm looking forward to in just very tiered all the time because of the tablets I'm on x
  • Posted

Hi Faye,

I just wanted to express my support. It must be exhausting dealing with anxiety and being a mum to young children. You are a doing a great job, keep it up!

I had a friend who suffered from anxiety, she said that counselling really did help and so did taking 'personal time'. Her road to recovery was bumpy but she stuck in there and is much better today.

Hang in there Faye, best wishes for your counselling session next week.

J

• Posted

Thank you Judith joining this forum has just really helped me wink x
  • Posted

Now, that is just the right attitude for success! How did the counselling session go? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.