So confused

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve posted two recent threads about my troubles I’m having, for the past week I’ve been struggling to urinate and to update what’s happend I’ve seen 2 doctors and both said it’s nothing and it’s probably stress/anxiety which I’m having very badly. I’ve had a urine test and it’s all fine and the 2nd doctor said my bladder is empty and he thinks I’m dehydrated !? I also think I have IBS and my period is coming soon and I’m in so much pain I told the doctor this and he gave me propranolol to help me sleep but I’m still exhausted.

I can deal with IBS symptoms and period pain but this feeling of needing to urinate is breaking me down in to tears every 5 minutes and apparently I don’t evan need to wee at all and it’s all in my head according to my doctor. I really don’t see how it’s going to get better and I’m so confused on how I’m supposed to fix this I need it to stop sad 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

(I’m struggling to urinate I forgot to say I will go and not much will come out or nothing will and I feel like my bladder is constantly full like I need to empty it)
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear that and I feel your pain. I hope they get to the bottom of this don't give up just stay on their case. Good luck.

• Posted

Go back to yr Doctor for urine sample again. Do not overly state before giving sample and preferably give first urine sample of the morning so it is at its most concentrated for detecting bacteria. If no luck ask me again.
    • Posted

I went back and this time gave it to the Urologist. I just looked at my results and it said 2+ presence of blood but normal rbc count 0 _ 2. Versus 11_30 on my previous report. He still wants me to do cystoscopy so that's where I am.

• Posted

I’m going through something similar to this. I can only pee in a hot shower. I feel the need to pee but when I try to go nothing comes out. I’ve been to a urologist and she said it was stress and anxiety too. She gave me catheter to use when I’m out and unable to get into a shower. It’s been going on for 2 weeks. I go back to her Tuesday and if I haven’t improved they want to do test. One of them was putting a scope up there and some other test to check my bladder and muscle movements. But what I don’t understand if it’s stress and anxiety just give me some Xanax or something to relax me. I haven’t been to work  because of this. And it’s annoying and I’m scared. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.