So confused about CT scan results

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a CT scan a week ago because of back pain and a few things showed up. 2 are really concerning to me and it is with my liver. I do not understand what it means and I can't get a clear answer from dr. Besides you need an MRI.

So the scan report says 1.4 cm ovoid hyposensity anteriorly in the liver adjacent to fissure for the falciform ligament not seen in prior exam. There is a characteristic spot for focal fat deposition though mass should be excluded as this is a change from prior exam MR correlation advised.

Does that mean there is a mass there or it is not because of a change from prior exam. I'm just not understanding it. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did the doctor not provide any interpretation of these results ? 

Local fat deposition may indicate fatty liver. 

• Posted

No they did not. The just said I need an MRI, because it was a change from 2015. That's why I'm so confused. If it's nothing why an MRI and I've asked and response was you need an MRI that's it. Like I said I went for my back and 3 things came back with "abnormalities " so my head is all over the place. I asked several times and response each time was "I want an MRI with and w/o contrast done. I asked but what is it? And response we really don't know that's why we need an MRI. I'm just so nervous as I said because many things came back abnormal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.