So confused and starting to give up !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi people's :-) so to be short about this my problem all started 5 months ago after taking antibiotics I developed what seemed like gastritis , at first it started with a urine infection pain and bloating on my left , then the bloating moved to my right ( lower pelvis ) and then came painful bowel movements , Some blood in the back end , and frequent catching of urine infections rolleyes some days the pain would hardly be there some days constant , lots of bubbling sounds in my stomach and occasional diarhhae still . Anyway ... During this time the doctors presumed it was colitis , so I had a sigmoidoscopy that came back clear my biopsy came back fine !! In fact they said how good it looked !! I had an ultrasound 6 months ago before my problems started it revealed polycystic ovaries and a slightly enlarged cyst on my left side ( where most pain is funnily enough ) , I am now experiencing pain down my legs like a dead weight and arm pain ! My blood tests have shown inflamation for 5 months now yet the doctors will not persist in any further tests as they say ibs ibs ibs !!! Ive been tested for coeliac , that's negative , my c reactive protein is abnormal .. I can

Only suggest they check my ovaries , the dr looks at me as if I'm a hypocondriact now but this pain is driving me mad !! I even have pain when urinating in my left side !! I do not feel poorly as in lethargic or lost my appetite but I do experience bloating a lot and also indegestion / burping , I've tried allll the ibs medication that gives me diarrhea rolleyes ! Help !!! Please :-(

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also to add I have pain running down my thighs through the side of my pelvis , and back pain basically all the symptoms of ovary problems but can't get through to the doctors !! The doctors say it can't be serious as my bowel is fine and the ultrasound  shown my ovarian cysts are not abnormal just that I have polycystic ovaries ... 
  • Posted

You don't say what if any medications you are on or your weight.

Many with polycystic ovaries are prescribed Metformin and reports of ill effects from that abound if you Google it.

• Posted

And another thing that I can't understand is why they think ibs when my inflammation and protein has been wrong for 5 months ( slightly elevated ) , and the left side of my stomach is slightly more inflamed than my right 
  • Posted

I have not ever had nor been prescribed metformin or anything to help pcos , I'm confused as well as my blood tests do not show any hormonal imbance LSH etc all normal rolleyes , my cysts are small on size , smooth texture so nothing odd as far as they could see , apart from the enlarged ones ,which are also normal , DR said pcos can cause ovary pain , it just seems like I've had a really bad infection that won't go away ... :-/ 
  • Posted

My daughter has plycystic ovaries and experiences frequent bladder infections and a lot of bad IBS, maybe they are linked. Hope you get sorted soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.