So depressed!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all. For the last couple of weeks I have not felt myself!!. Feel so miserable, tired just not myself at all.i get 8-9 hours of sleep but lately come dinner time I'm like a zombie I could sleep more hours!. I'm 46 but lately feel flaming 76 soo tired and miserable. Why the hell I'm I so miserable? Does anyone else feel like this? . Cheers ladies .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It could be lots of things like thyroid or anemia rather than peri or menopause unless you've already been told that's what it is. I'd go to Dr and ask for hormone and thyroid and fbc blood test to put mind at rest. Good luck.
    • Posted

Agree with this advice.  So many times when we get to be of "that age" we write it off to hormones.  You can certainly feel bad, but you need to rule everything else out first.  Because many people go through menopause with hot flashes, sweats, emotions, etc, but they still feel okay.  

I've said it before on this board about three times now--the worst I ever felt in my life (even after have a thyroid gland removed) was when my iron was low.  I felt awful.  And it doesn't have to be full blown anemia either.

• Posted

Thankyoubladies for your wonderful advice, Chris  yes I'm going to make an appoitment to see GP. 
  • Posted

At times i do and i am 47. There are times i get tired i can sleep at night than there are nights that i have had trouble sleeping. 

While on Nurontin 100mg three times a day i was really restless agitated having trouble sleeping yelling at everybody around me feeling weak and then the HRTs i was on caused me to bleed I am not on them any more and i stoped my nurontin because i couldn't handle how it made me tired and weak and agitated 

Just want to be normal again 

• Posted

Sounds like you could be hypothyroid...see your doc and ask for your bloods to be checked. I was diagnosed a year ago after going to see doc because I was tired and couldnt lose weight. Now on tablets and the tiredness is no more, but continue to gain weight. Good luck. X
  • Posted

I get great sleep, wake up like a zombie and barely have the energy to keep myself awake and anxiety out the roof. I'm 54 and started having noticable symptoms at the end of last year like hot flashes and nightsweats but when this depression and anxiety hit, wow, just wow! My daughter has depression and when she looked at me laying on the couch for four hours after getting up she informed me that that is what depression is. I'm on HRT but still trying to find balance. Have had thyroid checked and it's perfect even though my mom and sister have thyroid issues. Went to my daughters pshychiatrist and he put me on Celexa. Have only been on it for two weeks but have seen what it's done for my daughter so am hopeful. Today, for the first time in about a month, I actually have some desire and energy to do something besides lay on the couch! I don't understand why more women do not talk about the debilitating depression that hormones can throw at you. Yes, I need help with that until my hormones find the right balance. Good grief!
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I am going with what these ladies say, too.

Also, too many Doctors fob us off with the all-encompassing "It's you age" thing, so insist you are checked for these other things before writing it off as Meno. I know meno does make some feel tired, but this sounds more like a low iron count. Let us know how you get on. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.