So depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again well it's been over a month ago now that I won my pip appeal at court on 7 July then I received a letter on 26, July from DWP considering to appeal against it but after numerous phone calls being told different things I'm now getting to the point of being depressed even more I was told originally that they only have a month from my court date now they saying they can have a month when statement of reasons is sent I've waited weeks now not knowing I phoned pip again today 23 august 2016 and basically there's been no change theve told me that theve sent a request in the time period so I phoned court and judge has not even sent the paperwork work threw can anyone tell me is the time scale up or can they still appeal if paperwork isn't sent for ages how long can this go on for I now have high blood pressure since this I thought a month is a month and that's it not waiting even longer for judge to decide when to send paper work and they can have a month from then what if he doesn't send it for another few months I'm so confused

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lynette

I remember you saying at the time they were appealing the decision, I didn't know they did that at the time .I hope somebody will be able to help you, it's appalling what they are putting you through and I wish I could help you but all I can do is wish you luck and hope it works out for you xx

• Posted

Go onto face book and look for fightback .they are brilliant and can g8ve you the cotect advice.if DWP have started the appeal process im sure they have 28 days .but then its up to court to look at it again .look on facebook like i said for fightback.they will help or at least point you in the right way
  • Posted

Hiya sweet. Snap same thing happened to me. DWP told me court didn't send paperwork through. But they did the same day as court hearing! Contact the court again explain everything to them

Get a name of person you spoke to on phone from court. Then ring PIP and demand a manager from PIP rings you. And for any advice which I thought fightback was rubbish for myself only interested if you pay for subscription. Contact CAB they was fantastic for me. Mine was going on 8 weeks before my award was changed then I rang told them I was going to take it further if no one contacted me or sorted award out.

Good luck sweet Pxx

• Posted

Hiya I phoned the court today and basically they said the judge still hasn't done the statement of reasons and pip lady I spoke to said the sent in for appeal within the time scale but not received the paperwork I thought they had to ask for the statement of reasons first before they could ask for a appeal I'm going to wait few more,weeks as the court has logged my phone call down saying I want it sorted if I still don't get anything I will seek legal advice because one of them are lying because the court told my hubby that dwp had put in for a appeal yet they told me they didn't no

• Posted

The DWP have exactly the same rights as you have in appealing against a 1st tier Tribunal decision. They have 28 days to lodge that appeal with the court from when they get the decision paperwork from the Tribunal. For the DWP and whilst there is this 28 day period, I have never heard of an appeal being refused if it goes over the 28 days - it is common knowledge that the DWP are under extreme pressure so timings for them are pretty lax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.