so depressed after breakup

Posted , 2 users are following.

its almost been three weeks since my bf and i broke up and im still depressed and anxious.taking cymbalta and ativan and not feeling better. any thoughts on how i could feel bettter?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Focus on what you want in a person and decide you didn't work/ you're better off with somebody else. Could be an amazing guy just sitting in your friend group that you've never noticed before. At least now you're independent and you have some freedom back- bring on the party! Seriously though, breakups happen for a reason and it just means you're going to find someone better. Take up a new hobby and just decide that it's better not to dwell. Just keep busy and start having fun, you only live once so why spend it in sorrow?
    • Posted

Yah, it's only temporary, just listen to upbeat music and treat yourself nicely!
  • Posted

look for a new boyfriend? or is it too early?

Richard

• Posted

i think its a bit too early,i should be a 100% over him before i have a new bf. I dont want to hurt anybody
  • Posted

hope you feel better soon but try not to think it through too deeply. People split up all the time so don't feel guilty or upset about it.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.