So depressed suddenly

Posted , 7 users are following.

Suddenly I've got a lot worse again and I cannot explain why. I don't want to do anything..I've withdrawn from everyone, feel vacant, I almost don't care and I see no way out. I don't understand where this has come from - I got this way (same feelings) this time last year when my medication was changed, but no such thing has happened..so why suddenly? It's been this way for a few weeks but its getting worse. I feel lost, empty and alone but did not feel that way before. Was I just kidding myself everything was ok??

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

K

Depending on when you were seeing your GP, it may be beneficial to have your medications  reviewed.

Every twelve months we are supposed to have an appointment to discuss our medications, this helps in making sure the medication is doing the right things for our illnesses.

Sometimes if you visit the chemist to pick up medications, many will include an appointment to adjust your medications. However in my Practice they have a chemist at surgery that can do this sometimes vital service.

In my last Surgery before I moved the Surgery nurse would talk to you and report to a GP if something is wrong or a new medication can be tried if that is needed

Many Patients need to use Their Surgeries services if and when needed.

When my GP sees me for this, a month ago they changed one of my medications for a new one, they also can discuss the need for blood tests etc

BOB

• Posted

Hi, don't give up hope. Depression, for me too, is an up and down thing. And yes, it can reapear and hit us really hard. But it will pass. Try to focus on things that make you feel good, things you like to do and that makes you feel happy. Please hang in there, I am praying for you. Mina

• Posted

Maybe like the poster has said you need to re visit your gp.  Do you have anyone at all to chat with? I can’t explain why it’s up and down, just replied to let you know you aren’t alone and that I’m the same.  It comes out of nowhere, a few days ago you can feel fine and then depressed again.  Mine seems to come from other people and something they say or do which makes me feel worthless.  I feel very bad today.  Can you get out at all and do any exercise or any crafting.  I know it’s hard to get the enthusiasm and I do get the withdrawing thing, that we aren’t worth spending time with or that we get sick of acting up beat when we aren’t.  That’s tiresome so I think that’s why we withdraw.  
    • Posted

I also feel worse when i hear from other people how food their lives are, holidays, days out, happy times. I cant even get out to a yoga class. Feel trapped. Walking helps a bit.  Withdrawing is the worst thing and i hate it.  Drs dont know how to treat all this.  My reply is also,to say we are not alone, many have it, just difficult for them to understand.
    • Posted

Me to Ann, I try not to go on Facebook I was on it but deleted my account as it was so grim.  Walking does help I agree, it’s getting out to do it firstly then it’s ok.  I used to enjoy crafts but find anything too stressful now, it feels like I have it to do feeling rather than enjoying the feeling of doing it if that makes sense.  I hope th poster feels better reading these replies as like you said it is hard for people to understand how we feel.
    • Posted

This trying to put on a face all the time for other people so we seem normal is becoming so hard for me.  I dont think i can try any more anti deps as ive done them all and all made me worse.  What future isnthere when we cant get joynfrommour old hobbie and friends.  Walking is even now becoming less and less, i dont want to go too far as i have had uti for a month and now no antibiotics will clear it.  Is my immune system down due to all the untreatable depression i wonder. Do you have anything else you do which helps apart from walking? Or can you have coffee with friends, i cant manage that yet.
    • Posted

How is your sleep Ann?  Do you get to sleep ok to only wake up again?  I cycle to de stress some days I’m shattered though.  No no coffee with friends I go in Costa near me most days and have now started chatting to a couple of people who said to sit with them, I don’t feel I have to act with them which is weird.  X
    • Posted

When Sue said get off Facebook I applauded. That is SO bad for people with depression and anxiety! I deactivated my account about 6 months ago with all the revelations about sharing information and it was one of the smartest things I ever did. Virtual relationships is the LAST thing you need when you are suffering from disassociative issues such as Depression/Anxiety. You need real relationships, talking to real people and seeing their faces when they respond and actually touching them!

Deactivate/Delete Facebook/Twitter/Other Social Media and join a social group in your area. Interact with people, get up and move about. Find some confidants you can talk to. We've lost that kind of stuff the last few decades and it's massively contributed to the rise in anxiety and depression.

• Posted

Yes i get to sleep but wake up feeling terrible each time.  I take diazepam and it gives me a short spell.  Formthr last few years imhave been feeling i really cant live like this every morning but im too scared to do anything about it.  I am scared also that one day it will be so overwhelming that i do something irrevocable.
  • Posted

I took too many pills monday..told my dr yesterday and had to go in for ecg today..she just came and gave me my prescription didnt say much i felt she was really annoyed with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.