So fed p and depressed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had Achalasia now for nearly a decade an its not getting any better mentally it is destroying me. I suffer dehydration low blood sugar ll i do is sit in my room  curtains closed being sick. The omeprazole and Gaviscon is doing nothing. I drink water and it feels like drinking bleach cant keep nothing down. I fear for another balloon dialation because I was told it could be fatal. I cant have a hellors because my sphincter is to badly scarred.

​   If it wasnt for my son needing me so much I would leave this planet gladly. I hate hospitals so much i dont think i could cope going. Something is making my esophugus raw and I cant put my foot on why. I am starving thirsty and so suicidal right now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First of all, you must drink water and keep properly hydrated. There may, or may not, be a specific reason for your low blood sugar, but there should be ways of correcting this, subject to medical advice.

There sounds like there is a serious problem that needs urgent attention regarding the cause of your vomiting / regurgitation. If the worst comes to the worst a surgeon may need to remove your oesophagus, and people do get to the stage when this becomes necessary. I know lots of people who have had this surgery who enjoy a much better quality of life than you have at the moment, and this may therefore be a good option for you.

• Posted

Really really sorry to hear you feel this way. You MUST seek help urgently as you should not have to live like this. I have Achalasia but nothing like you describe. 

I have been very depressed myself in the past and know how desperate it is....... Be assured there is help out there for you.... Best wishes 

• Posted

I felt sad reading your message. It sounds like you need some expert support. Does your doctor know how depressed you are?  Maybe even some counselling would help so you would not feel so alone with this awful problem.  

I too have had achalasia for around 12 years & despair at the lack of treatment there seems to be available but my symptoms are not so severe as yours. I really feel for you. I hope you can get some support & maybe feel a little better about being alive.

I wish you all the best 

• Posted

Hi Dodoman,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.  Like you, I found that Omeprazole and Gaviscon had no impact; but a large glass of cold milk works wonders for me - so you may want to experiment with different fluids to find one that works for you. 

I would also pursue further consultations / investigations by your consultant to get a better managed situation, since most 'Achalasians' seem to get to a point where the disorder is tolerable in most circumstances.

All the best,

Mick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.