So fed up

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys,

I've not written on here for a while. I suppose that's because I've been ok. That's until last week. I got really tired at work and noticed my tinnitus getting worse... Didn't think anything of it. Then it hit on wednesday, all of a sudden. I thought I felt weird and there it was, the brain fog, the weaknes, my right ear being full and going eeeeeee I've been off work since and I can't seem to be getting any better. Some days I think I'm ok then it hits me again, I'm floating, I feel weird. I actually went to work this morning thinking I'd be ok but had to be driven back home as I just burst into tears and apparently looked really white and unwell.

I am so fed up of this disease!!! The ENT have discharged me but I feel like there must be more they can try and do for me. All I have is betahistine and they have not done any further tests just hearing test and because my loss is not typical of Ménière's, nothing else. I feel like I've been had by lazy doctors who can't be bothered! Even if it's not Ménière's, surely they can rule out other things at least? Should o just go back and annoy the hell out of them and demand answers? Or should I just accept my fate? I'm only 38, have three kids aged 3,10and 14 and I hate being unable to work, play or cook for them. I should have the energy to be there for my kids and instead I feel like a complete failure and am now crying my eyes out in bed.

Sorry about the moan but I know only you guys understand.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I've been to see my gp today.

She performed lots of tests on me and has ruled out anything wrong with my brain (thank god, I do always end up thinking the worst). She made me stand there with my eyes closed and arms extended for a minute and I was swaying all over the place, what a horrible feeling. Her conclusion was yes, you're just having another Ménière's attack and maybe you should try and learn to live with it... I found that last comment, just as I left the room, a bit shocking. I can tell she's not the one who's got it!!!!! She didn't mean it in a bad way, she was very nice actually but still...

She has referred me back to ENT and the closest appointment is in March. In the meantime, she has given me some Prochlorperazine to take on top of the betahistine. Have any of you ever tried it? I've read the notice and am a bit reluctant to take it to be honest as it says it's an antipsychotic drug... J

Please let me know if you've tried this drug as I'm scared to take it.

Thank you all for your support, I'm very grateful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.