So fed up

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi anyone out there . I'm so depressed tired and lack of sleep due to this DD I have! It may be a bit better than my last post but I'm still so DOWN! Blood and mucus ( not all the time ) but it oh by won't it just go away. No pain in left side have continue back ache. Front of legs hurt. And frequent bowl movement. Why the blood and mucus ??? So to be so graphic but it's when I wipe....I'm looking for it all the time . I feel it's controlling me. Had the colonoscopy diagnosed DD. No more antibiotics...too many side effects. Am now taking Slippery Elm. CBD oil. And probiotics. Been like this now at least 3 months. So tired of it and keep crying was a young 69....now feel 😭

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ah poor you Gloria - its certainly a really boring disease! I can sympathize as I often have back ache + pain increases as bladder fills so it will wake one at night at regular intervals. It makes a big difference to me to eat little and often and avoid large meals. Juice days also seem to help. Bodies do try to fix themselves so if you stick with it it things should improve.

Good luck and keep your moral up!

• Posted

Has the subject of surgery been brought up? I know how you feel and the crap that comes with Diverticulitis sucks. I think I already told you that I finally had the surgery, it was the best decision I've ever made. I'm pretty much healed now (5 months) post op, still have until May for my organs to heal because of the sepsis.

• Posted

Gloria I feel for you, my wife has been much the same -

Can I suggest the following

Blood and Mucus is due to inflamation, as ever another doctors visit is required

Ask the doctor for an inflamition marker check over a certain points number requires urgent action.

This is hard but try not to focus on this, but get to the doctors and ask for a Gastronomy appointment we have just had one the doctor who was much more informed

Ask for a Dietition appointment this may help ease the symptoms

Ask for mental health visit the CBT may help you as well

The sad truth is there is no quick cure for this miserable condition

All of you DD sufferers you have my most deepest sympathy.

We are well past 12 months dealing with this horrible malady we are now just seeing some improvement the simple fact the drugs and the disease buggers up the brain and bowel messages causing more misery

Rest, Diet, and not giving in to this misery

Apologies if this is repeating, my poor wife has been through the mill just like you

• Posted

Hi Gloria, total sympathy with you. I'm making a recovery slowly but feel so low. I have no idea whats going on with myself and no help from good advice from any of the doctors

• Posted

I' m so sorry you are suffering. I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis once and am prone to it.

A few months ago I quit Omezprazole for acid reflux and changed my diet to very low carb, medium protein and high good fats, no grains, no sugar etc. I'm following basically the keto way of eating but not counting macros as some do. I'm still coping with some mild acid but take pepsid ac (ok with my gastroenterologist). But I have no divers symptoms since. I used to get severe bloating which was thought to be diverticulitis. Not sure if way of eating has helped or quitting omezprazole. I also lost about ten pounds which is amazing because at 72 I was having problems losing weight and up to 162 for my 5 ft height. I hope to lose another ten pounds to help with the acid reflux. Just my experience and thoughts. A lot of people have improved health by eating this way. Get better soon.

• Posted

Hi Gloria, hang on in there.......eat little and often, no large meals, soups are good and plain biscuits, avoid oats, brown bread, gassy veg, chocolate, cake, fizzy drinks fatty foods. Try plenty of water or 'de caffe tea/coffee which really helped me. Sounds like you have hemaroids which is what I have along with Dr (cause and effect). Walking also helps.

It is a horrible illness but honestly you will get used to eating what works for you, hope this helps and take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.