so fed up and still no gyni appointment :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been 4 weeks since I was admitted with suspected appendicitis and they found a cyst and gallstones. since leaving hospital ive been bleeding over 3 weeks now and in pain... feel they aint bothered and my doc sent an urgent letter lastmonday to fast track my app but ive still heard nothing .. im livid and quite frankly p*ssed off the nhs is so crap. they dont even know for sure wjat ive got especially when ive been on the depo for 2 years I cant be ovarlating to make a functional cyst. sad anyone outthere struggling like me xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have not been in your situation in the maternal sense, but i did have a frightening experience as a child, at the age of 8 with what was an inflamed appendix, that very nearly became Peritinutus (an explosion of the appendix, usally causing blood poisionging). 

My (so called) Guardian blamed me for just "playing up", until I started vomiting violently in the middle of the night.  By 6:00am  she realised that it was actually serious, and the Doctor called for a bed-side visit. Actually, he wrapped me up in my bed-clothes, put me in the car and drove me to A&E. I was operated on within an hour. The bloody woman nearly killed me.  

I your case, have you notified both your GP, Gynaecologist or gone to A&E or Casualty?  

Are you losing a lot of blood in these heamorages?

I am concerened that despite your GPs "Urgent letter of admission" has not be taken seriously and I would suggest that your report it to the Hospital Registrar and to the MP for Health (I beleive a Rt. Hon> Simon Burns).  Whilst I have not had to ask for his assistance on the medical side, I have found that the pressure he applies to get things done is very effective in turns of kicking bums !

The fact that you have not been called in for an examination and more importantly been bleeding for over three weeks, I would dial 999 and get an emergency procedure.  That may sound dramatic, but sometimes it is the only way to get the idiots in the higher echelons of of the NHS who would not know a vein from an artery!   I have worked on the clerical side if NHS, and it is literally the fact that there are too many chiefs (mainly from abroad) and not enough Indians (although those from the Indian  Sub-Continent are actually very good).

You do not state how old you are, but if you are under 30 and trying for a family, this lack of attention is boardering on negligence. The Hospital Registrar should be notified at once, and admit your self to hospital. They are putting both yourself and your ability to conceive at risk and need to be dealt with.

Follow up with Mr Burns and the Regional Head of the NHS Trust that your hospital is covered by.  Most importantly get yourself admitted to hospital soonest, particularly if you are losing blood.

• Posted

thankyou so much for your support chirsr... I am 32 and already have 2 children. im not trying to conceive but I really want to start feeling better. Fortunately ive stopped bleeding now but only waiting for it to start again.. thats where the pain really comes in full force.. I can gaurantee I will be admitting myself next time as im not going through that pain alone again. its the fact they expect everyone to be in pain and get on with it until its nessesary. but when is that??? when we are screaming in pain or bleeding uncontrolably... its silly . thank u again hun xxxx
    • Posted

Hi,

You state that you already have two children and do not intend to have any more.  What has just crossed my mind is: what form of contraception are you using?

I have heard of women who use the IUD (internal Uterine Device), also known as a coil, which is inserted through the Vagania in to the Uterus. The theory is that because there is something in the way, the ova, once fertilised cannot attach itself to the side of the uterus and therefore "aborts" itself and consequently you bleed as if you were starting your period.

However, in your case, the fact that you are in extreme pain, and bleeding heavily ( and I don't mean to frighten you) it may mean the IUD is trying to implant itself in to the wall of the Uterus. I have heard of similar cases with women who have had the plastic type of coil inserted.

Again you need to see a Gynaecologist soonest and have no reservations in going to AE and ask for the Registrar to see you along with the Gyneacologist immediately.  If you get any nonesense state that you will be bringing legal action against them for negligence, and refer them to the General Medical Council. 

The fact that you are screaming in pain increases my concern, if you  are bleeding uncontollably I assume that you are loosing a LOT of blood, and possibly may need a transfusion.  Make that clear when you speak to the gynaecologist.   Don't bother with GPs, go straight to A&E.

Again, get them to do  an ultra sound scan to make sure that you are not pregnant and more to the point to see whether the IUD (if fitted) is not trying to embed. Tell them that is the two things you are concerend about.   If the coil IS trying to embed, then you need to have it removed immediately as an A&E procedure and probably under general anaesthetic.

Don't take any notice of being told to casualty go straight to the Gynaecology department.

I feel the situation is serious, and far from silly. The sooner you get it checked out the better, as it will be a lower level procedure than if the coil/IUD has started but not fully embedded.

Sorry to sound scary, but you need to make it sound like the worst possible scenario when you go to the department.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Huggs,

Chris R.

• Posted

thanku for your concern hun. I have the injection that stops ovarlation and periods. So for me to bleed is something new altogether and now today ive been back to the doctors with back ache like no other and they said i have another infection ... i dont believe this for one minute. There saying i have protien and blood in my urine but i always have them. They need to be figuring out why i always have this in my urine and not fobbing me off with infections. Do u think my cyst is causing the build up of protien and blood? im unsure but gonna do some research. thanks again chrisr xxx
    • Posted

Hi Peasblossom,

This may sound daft, but are you sure that the bleeding is actually comming from the vagina? 

The fact that you have blood in the urine is a little worrying.  Where is the pain in the back?

If it is in the kidney region, it may be that there kidney stones developing, these can be detected by both X-Ray and Ultra Sound.

Have you done any strenuous work in the last month, and have the hospital checked your blood pressure?

The fact that you have protein in the blood exiting the vagina during menstruation could indicate that the liver and kidneys are not operating as they should.  I would expect protein in the blood stream, but not both blood and high levels of protein during menstruation.

I agree that it may well be that the cysts are causing an increase in the protein, particularly as they carry protein as part of their mollecular structure. Equally the kidneys should be dealing with that, keeping the blood in circulation and releasing the excess protein out of the blood in to the urine.  

The kidneys are actually quite a complex structure and as you probably know are part of the body's blood cleansing system.  It could be that the kidney is not functioning as it should. Again I think an ultrasound scan would be helpful to see if there are kidney stones forming, since if you have severe back pain it may be that the kidneys are inflamed.

Ask to be referred to Urology department of your Hospital, if not go direct to A&E to get it dealt with as you cannot afford to play around with the renal system. At least that will get you seen by a Urologist who in turn could give a more definite cause for the back pain.

Again, I think that you need to apply more pressure and a letter to the Registrar of the Hospital together with a copy of that letter to the Minister of Health (I beleive Simon Burns MP) at the House of Commons may apply sufficient pressure to mak these clowns take the matter more seriously.

Keep hammering, and make it clear that you are not going away until you receive a rational answer !

Best of luck

Chris R.

• Posted

all my pain is lower back until my gallstones play up then its in the upper region aswell.. I had my blood pressure checked when I was admitted and it never changed.. my bloods pressure was ok. I am a little worried why I have blood in there cos thats gone in for a long time now... constantly being given antibiotics for a so called water infection. hopefully I will have some more answers when im there in june . thanks again for all your support hunni

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.