So fed up! What should I do, whi do I see?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can people please tell me if I am letting anxiety control me or if something is truly wrong? Back in early Oct about the time I was about to ovulate I was woken around 3 am by a nasty wave of nausea and it was followed by stomach burning. I thought it was stomach flu but never vomited. It lasted a few days, got less on day two and day three it was gone. I did not think much about it since I tend to get nauseated when in pms. I bloated like I was 8 months pregnant and had the most air in my belly I've ever had. I Then had an intermittent pain appear in lower right abdomen and became constipated. I freaked and went to go and had them test for ovarian cysts. All came back normal. No cysts or fibroids. Since then I have pain in abdomen never consistently in same place. Twinges in lower right, sometimes upper right under rib, sometimes on my side or top of thigh or hip. I can feel when air is in colon and push to move it. I strain to go #2 as sensation seems to be lost but luckily I have been forcing things out once a day. I also had stool checked for blood and it was negative. Had h.pylori test and that was negative. Doc decided I have gastritis and possibly IbS so he gave me pepcid and citrucil. It helped with the stomach burn and some of the pain (not as bad now) and helped bulk stool a bit (still constipated) but pain is still here and also appears in middle of my back occasionally something fierce. I am so scared I have some cancer and doc isn't looking 😦 I went back to doc but he said give it a month and said I was just being anxious. I am terrified. I am 47 so of course cancer is at top of my mind.

Does this sound like gastritis to any of you?

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

i was diagnosed with gastritis and GERD in september and i have alot of your symptoms im also pretty sure i have ibs since i had my gallbladder removed about 7 years ago. your symptoms are pretty consistent with gastritis and ibs i wouldnt stress to to much. have you gotten any other tests to confirm those diagnoses?

• Posted

Heather,

The only tests I've had were: urine for infection, negative. CBC blood test, showed I am iron deficient anemic. Abdominal xray, showed full of air and stool but "normal." H.Pylori test, negative. Stool tested for blood, negative. Transvaginal ultrasound and external pelvic ultrasound, negative. Had 3D mammogram since I also had arm pain preceding all of this and with it later and that was normal. I think that may have been psychological since it has not returned since mammogram.

No colonoscopy or endoscopy. He said he'd only do that if blood in stool.

• Posted

Holy cow, regarding the arm pain, was it in your armpits? did they tell you if it was enlarged lymph nodes by any chance? All my health problems started that way. Pain under my arms, got an ultrasound done, was sent to the dermatologist (skin was perfect, all the pain was coming from underneath, so i don't know why they made me do this), got a mammogram, and lastly I got a biopsy (not the needle kind, but was put under and they extracted a lymph node) and the diagnosis was ...everything is fine, lymph nodes slightly enlarged but nothing to worry about. During that time the pain in the lower right side of my ribs started and that's when I got the Hyda scan to check my gallbladder and then the ultrasound to check my abdomen and yet again nothing. I've had all the blood work you can think of done, x-rays, and nothing 😦. My symptoms keep multiplying, like I said before I've been dealing with the constipation, pain in abdomen, etc, etc. and haven't gotten any answers.

• Posted

Yes. The pain started in my armpit and then my left breast swelled which was nothing new for me during pms but usually it is both breasts. Then the pain went to my shoulder and down my arm. The pain did travel the path of lymph nodes but they were never swollen. My mother had breast cancer so the doctor took that very seriously and ordered a 3D instead of 2D ultrasound and it came back normal. After menses started the breast shrunk down (like usual) but this time all pain went away. I don't know if the arm pain was related to what I am dealing with now, if my anxiety about the arm pain brought on my current symptoms, or if the issues are separate and just coincidence. Prior to the last week of Sept I felt I was healthy and then this all happened and won't go away 😦

• Posted

OOPS! I meant mammogram not ultrasound.

• Posted

It is interesting to find another person who experienced arm pain and then has similar issues with constipation and abdominal pain. Is your pain and constipation daily? Mine is 😦 Are you young? I am 47 so I can never tell what is perimenopause symptoms and what isn't. This is all so frustrating. This stomach issue and constipation is definitely not peri.

• Posted

I agree, that's why I was so surprised when you mentioned the arm pain. I never thought it was related, but after seeing your post, maybe there is something to it. I'm 33. Before all this I never had any health problems and now I'm in pain and uncomfortable almost every day. Regarding the constipation, let's say if I don't take something to help me go to the bathroom I just don't go for days (and I used to go every day).

• Posted

I understand how you're feeling. I've been having many of the same symptoms since February and haven't gotten any answers. I had an ultrasound of my abdomen all the way to the side of my lower ribs on the right side and nothing. I have even gotten my gallbladder checked and they said it was normal. I live with constipation, pain on the right side under my ribs, sometimes my back, I get really bloated sometimes, and can also feel the gas in my colon. No one has been able to pinpoint what's wrong. I don't have any answers, but know you're not alone in this.

• Posted

Clueless,

It really does help to know I am not alone. I would not wish this on anyone but it is comforting to know someone can say "yes, I understand" so thank you!

• Posted

i too experience a lot of abdominal pain which is probably due to my severe anxiety. i constantly have a pain somewhere. wether it be my left side near my rib cage, or my lower right side. i have been to the hospital many times because i was afraid of appendicitis. i also get random waves of nausea and feeling as if i am going to puke aswell as intense stomach cramps that have taken me to er because they hurt so bad. i also get spouts of heartburn after anything i eat . these all come and go except for the abdominal pain. another thing i have yet to figure out is sesame seed (white) looking things in my stool aswell as black specks all throughout that are super tiny. (not blood because if it was it wouldnt be just specks that look like pepper) so trust me.. you are NOT alone

• Posted

Stephanie,

I had those black flecks too before doc gave me citrucel to bring bulk yet. My stool looked sandy and had what looked like pepper flakes. It was as if my body was not digesting the food all the way before it came out. It went away so far with citrucel. I use to get heartburn about 2 days before I menstruated. I almost feel now that maybe it was a precursor to all of this. I hate when I ovulate because that is when this drama started and I ovulated again this week and it is bad again with the bloat and back pain. I too suffer horrible anxiety 😦

• Posted

Try a cup of hot tea with lemon juice and sugar. It works wonders for any type of stomach condition. You should also consult a certified dietitian or nutritionist for a proper diet for your condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.