So feels it could be my teeth?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have recently had another flare up of what I think is TN and have gone back on meds oF 200mg of Tegretol. My teeth have been checked but it always starts in my bottom right hand teeth? I have a jabbing pain which worsens as I get more tired and worse if I bend down! Any advice please!

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you Jewell am so grateful for yours and Colin's help!

• Posted

Obviously spoke too soon! Pain unfortunately not relenting even with pain killers! Think i'm in for a long night however due a dose in 15mins hope this will help with pain? Pain at this moment in lower gums a pulsating burning pain with waves of pain in my cheek! Another pain feeling I have but not at this moment is like someone has wrapped wire around my teeth and winding it tighter and tighter! I hate this bloody curse!

• Posted

Talk to your neurologist asap. No need for you to be this much pain. Call him or her now, my neurologist is into pain management. Don't know if this is true for every neurologist. I hope you find relief soon. Will keep you in my prayers.🙏

• Posted

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that in UK!

You have to be referred then could wait months to see neuralgiSt! I think the Tegretol has kicked in managed to sleep and pain bareable today!

• Posted

Hey Jewell second pain free day so think Tegretol has started to work its magic? My face is tender with the odd jab in my cheel but hey I can cope with that! Just tired now but again I can cope with that!

That's once again to you and Colin for all your advice it has really helped me through this bad patch!

• Posted

So glad to hear that!🤗 Thanks for letting me know!

• Posted

Hi Welsh girl,

I was diagnosed with TN about 2 months ago.  I went to my dentist twice demanding I had an abscessed tooth.  She said I didn't and explained she thought I had a nerve issue.  She even told me horror stories about people having teeth pulled trying to get rid of pain.  She called my GP and got me in that day.  I stared Tegretol that day (Monday) and had my first pain free day the following Friday.  I saw a neurologist 2 weeks later who confirmed my diagnoses.  He ordered a brain MRI, which I will have on Tuesday.  He wants to see if there is any nerve issues (and I think he wants to rule out MS).  I was up to 400mg of Tegrerol but have scaled back to 200 mg to control side effects.  I was under the impression I would always take it, but maybe if I continue to be pain free my docs will take me off it.  Personally I fear that option as I don't want pain to come back.

As far as I can tell, TN is a stuggle for all who have it.  Good luck on your journey to find a pain free life!

• Posted

Hi Ellie good to hear from you! I would be interested to hear how your scan goes? Yes pain free now but forgot how tired Tegretol makes you feel keep in touch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.