So frustrated

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past 2-3 months, I have been getting muscle pain all over. In my arms, my neck, my back, my pelvic region, my legs, a pulling feeling behind my knees, and my feet being the worst. My jaw cracks, which causes headaches and pain in my ears and eyes. The TMJ symptoms are worse in the morning, but the pain in my legs is worse at night and i can't seem to get a full nights rest. I also have an upset stomach a lot lately. Does this sound like Fibromyalgia? It all started when my anxiety skyrocketed.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi courtneyreneeb1 From how you have discribed your symptoms it does sound like it could be fibro. For a definite diagnoses of fibro your gp needs to refer you to a rheumatologist they are the ones that normally diagnose fibro. gps like to rule out conditions it could be before referering you to see a rheumatologist.You need to see your gp and see what they say. take care
    • Posted

Okay, thanks. You're right. I hate the thought of going to the doctor, but it looks like I need to. I was hoping that my gp could diagnose it, but whatever I need to do to get it diagnosed is fine with me. 
    • Posted

widespread pain like this can often be fibro but as kaz has said, GP's will usually refer for various tests first to rule out anything more specific.  The problem with fibromyalgia is that it's impossible to diagnose specifically, so a diagnosis, usually by a rheumatologist, will be on the basis of them being unable to find any recognisable other condition.  Fibro just means fibrous tissue and myalgia just refers to pain generally.  Thus, fibromyalgia is a rather cover all term to indicate the patient has widespread muscle pain which isn't attributable to a more defined cause.  Stress is often a factor, as is any other traumatic event or injury.  Fibro is a strange beast, it can come on at any time, and affects everyone differently - the commonalities are unexplained widespread pain usually muscular, fatigue, concentration issues etc.  To be honest, treatment will be the same with or without a diagnosis, eg pain meds, SSRI's or some antidepressants such as amitryptaline can help.  Cognitive therapy (CBT) does help some people, in that it helps with stress which in turn lessens the body's production of cortisol and adrenalin.  Anything that will help you relax will help too.  Good luck with the doctor - definitely your first port of call.
    • Posted

I can for sure see that stress and anxiety plays a role in all of this. It didn't start until I started having high levels of anxiety. It comes and go along with the stress. I have an appointment on Monday also I'm just praying it goes well.
  • Posted

Hiya courtneyreneeb, poor you, i feeling for, you, kaz is spot on you need a rhumo re referral, once you have a diagniosis, whatever it is, you can start looking it up..plus a rhumo will know what meds you need if any..i get really bad cramps still and ive had fibro for 30 tears..i take double the recommended dosage of magnesium and mutton bird oil...im in Australia where its made, its excellent you can buy it online, like everything that helps us its nito cheap..hope you find out soon whats going on..😘😘
    • Posted

Hmmm...interesting. If I do have it, I'd rather not take medication so if something like oils would work, I would be very open to it. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.