So frustrated...a second round of antibiotics?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've had what I'm assuming is a BC (my doc and all the nurses there don't seem to recognize the name and just keep referring to it simply as a cyst) for approx. a month now. I noticed the pain two weeks ago and went to my doc who prescribed Augmentin as a precaution, although by the time I visited she said it seemed to be going away. Two weeks out and I still have the cyst.

I got my period a week early, something my doc office told me is related to the antibiotics (I take the pill so that does make sense, I know antibiotics can mess with it). So basically, all the antibiotics did was make the cyst worse. Awesome. I was told to keep up with the regimen and keep an eye on it. This was Monday. It's now Friday and the cyst is ever present. Maybe a tiny bit smaller but harder and ever so slightly tender. I called my doc office again and they were so dismissive of me and my issue. I was given a second round of antibotics and told to continue with the compresses. I tried to explain that I didn't see how antibiotics could treat the cyst if it's not infected, but again I felt dismissed and not really listened to. I just want it gone. I can't do baths cuz I only have a shower so I've been doing compresses. I have a removable shower head so I've used that to aim hot water at the area. I'm so frustrated.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

If it is getting harder and more tender then it probably will burst soon. Once it does it goes away. I ha r o my had one recently and I didn't even get antibiotics was just told to do the baths which is did. I tried a home remedy which did not work immediately but the next day is became very hard and tender but not really bigger. But it did finally burst and was much better. Mine lasted about 2 weeks from start to bursting. I am hoping I won't get more as some women here have said theirs recurr regularly now. I would continue with the compress if you can't do the baths. I believe they do sell a sitzs bath type bowl you could use as well. You might want to try a home remedy to speed it along. Some have also had their Docs lance it if it is very peainful and doesn't burst. Good luck I know how frustrating it is.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, it gives me hope. It definitely feels different than last week. I am hoping it will burst soon. The lump had previously been quite far beneath my skin, but now it seems closer to the surface. I have no swelling, no redness--nothing to visually indicate it's there. My mom actually just told me about portable sitz baths. I also randomly bought some witch hazel cuz I saw that it helped some people. I am wondering if I should hold off on the antibiotics..I know it won't make my cyst burst that's for sure, and I'd really like to not be on them again. I can always start them up if I feel pain or swelling.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My doctor didn't even give me any antibiotics so I didn't take any it burst on its own there was (sorry to be too discriptive) some pie and blood as discharge. I had actually made an appointment to go see the Dr because I was in so much pain and discomfort but it was a Friday and the next Tuesday was the soonest they could get me in. It burst that same night I called. She just checked it out on Tuesday to make sure it wasn't infected. She did recommend still doing the baths and no sex for a week after to make sure it had all drained out.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I can only assume I was given a second dose because I mentioned tenderness..but it's only a bit, and only if I'm manipulating it. It also feels a bit tingly. Did you have any external symptoms? A lump or anything? Or was it all internal? When it burst, did it come out of the duct itself..? Or was there an abscess that it came out of?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had a lump that I could feel at first it was how you discerned just there and didn't really hurt unless touched or manipulated and I thought is was going away. Then it got hard and began to get uncomfortable and eventually painful. That day it became very painful was the day it burst. I am. It sure if it burst in the duct or not I asked my doctor when I saw her a few days later but she was not sure if it had. Like I said there was pus and blood that came out but I'm not sure if it was an access or not. I never got a fever and until the last few days it didn't really hurt but was just annoying to have.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up