So glad I come of codeine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been of codeine and tramadol for just under two week I have been suffering from bed depression and panic attacks I have never experienced anything like this has anybody else had the same Experience thanks John

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well done for coming off it John. In your mail you say that you are 'so glad I came off codeine'. I am assuming that you feel there are benfits. Try to focus on what you have achieved. How much codeine wre you taking? Are you under the care of your doctor? It is a good idea to share this with your GP and tell them about the depression and panic attacks. Your doctor may be able to treat this without you starting taking codeine again. Best wishes.

Drew x

• Posted

Hi I was taking about 4 codeine a day for about 5 years then for the last year been taking Tramadol I am so glad am off them now but like I side I do get side affect after 11 days of being off them still .. and my sleep pattern is crap thanks brew
  • Posted

Well done John for coming off both codiene and tramadol, can't have been easy.

I'm on day 5 off codiene and I'm starting to feel a lot better, I haven't experienced depression or anxiety like you so sorry I can't help with that. I've been really emotional and felt very lethargic, like I have no energy to do anything. I've forced myself out everyday to make sure I get some fresh air and exercise, have you tried that? It might help.

Maybe it would be worth you speaking to a doctor to make sure there isn't an underlying separate medical issue? Then again it might just be psychological withdrawal. Sorry I can't help more but well done for coming this far!

Katy.

• Posted

thank you I get my self out everyday like your self go swimming on a nite .. but for some reason my sleep is not the same getting up at like 1 or 2 in the morning 😬😬 thanks Katy

• Posted

Ditto. My sleeping is terrible. Wake up about midnight and I'm then up til five! You're not alone! I'm hoping the more my body gets back to normal and learns to sleep without pills in my system, the more I will sleep. Here's hoping.

K x

• Posted

Me to think we're doing the rite thing detoxing are body we will get there ( I hope ) 😬😬 am drinking lots of water and taking vitamin they are helping me get on with the day x John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.