So glad I had it done.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a bilateral TKR just over a year ago and I am delighted to say that it is one of the best decisions I ever made.  I will admit that it was very difficult at first and there were times that I wished for my time back. It was a long road to recovery but WOW! I have my life back. My knees no longer dictate what I can do.  There were so many times that I would have to say I couldn't do something because my knees wouldn't let me. Not any more!  

This group was very helpful when I was struggling and I want to thank everyone for the support that helped get me through. 

I hope my success story will offer some hope to those who are on the sometimes rough road to recovery or to those who are trying to decide whether they should have the surgery.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Audrey, it does help to hear how others are getting on after their surgery. I had both knees replaced this past April and while I am doing ever so much better, I am no where as well as I was led to believe I would be. My surgeon says I am doing beautifully but after 3 months of pt, 3x a week, I am still very numb in the area outside the knee and I tire very easily. I am just back to work after 5 months of being home and by the end of the school day, I am struggling. I am fortunate to have a pool in my building and have been doing water aerobics which I am loving. I get around, slowly but surely, but  see that I still have a long road ahead of me. Thank you for sharing smile
    • Posted

I still tire easily...six months post op.

Pool is great, I am still exercising in pool, and feel aqua exercise is wonderful after TKR. Best wishes...rest as much as possible too...I find I am not factor in adequate rest, then feel shattered and wonder why!

• Posted

It is fantastic to hear how you are getting on, and very important that a forum like this shows the rewards as well as the struggles! I too now have my life back, and though just at six months post op I am over the moon because my life is no longer closing in on me!

Congratulations to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.