So going to the Doctor won't help anything?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've seen on here numerous of times that women have gone to the Doctor, got prescribed medication and some sort of ointment, but then they say it didn't help and it came right back. I have been suffering with BV for 6 years now off and on. Since last summer, it has been consistent. I need this to be taken care of, or I'll never be able to date again, feel comfortable with myself again and so forth. I have tried all sorts of home remedies and nothing has ever helped.

Is there seriously no cure? With thousands of women suffering, not a Doctor can help? Losing my mind, losing patients and have lost confidence.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know ur pain I have been suffering for 2 years and I have tried everything and nothing works. I have been trying to find something to at least help.
  • Posted

My sister suffers from BV and the meds do work for her. So, I would start with what the docs prescribe before anything else. However, the meds dont work for me. I found relief in vitamin D3 (as I was found to have a serious deficiency) I also take a probiotic daily. I think the "cure" is different for each person and why its making it so difficult to fix. sad

• Posted

What vitamin D dose do you take? I'm deficient too... Does it help your symptoms?

• Posted

I take vitamin D3 5000 iu a day. I tried "almost" all of the home remedies with no luck. Once I started taking the vitamin D3 it was about a week that all my symptoms were gone. I still take a probiotic daily too but I'm positive that the reason I couldnt "kick the BV" was the deficiency. (I read on this forum a lady that had suffered with BV for 7yrs found she was deficient and started taking 15,000 iu a day and she was cured. Thats when I started researching it and found thier was a link between the two) I I wouldnt recommend 15,000 iu as my doc thought 5000 seemed a bit much but it is working for me and I will get retested in a couple months to see where my levels are. Lemme know if this works for you! smile Good luck!

• Posted

Could you tell me what brand you buy and where you get it? I was taking 500 iu but didn't get any results. I'm glad you fixed your problem though! 😀

• Posted

This is my first post on any blog but I wanted to figure a way to reach women who were suffering from chronic BV like I was.... i have been on multiple courses of antibiotics which have in turn caused secondary vaginal infections like yeast, which then needs to treated with something else. I know you're all familiar with the vicious cycle.

I got to the point where it was just constant. I was treated and then it'd come right back. BV, yeast, UTI .. I was a mess! I started researching homeopathic remedies for BV and I will beg all of you to do the same. It saved me!! Boric acid vaginal suppositories saved me. I ordered them on Amazon, but I'm sure you can find them in a local drug store. I can't recall exactly, but I will NEVER take an antibiotic again for BV. I have told my gynecologist about this and she is even telling her patients. I have not had a infection since I started using boric acid. I started using it once a day and felt better in a day or two I think. I now use about once a week before bed to maintain vaginal PH and haven't had an infection since! It has been at least 6 months! I think it works by naturally balancing your vaginal PH... it is amazing!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm going to try it out. Sounds great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.